Welcome
Welcome to All Aircraft Are Not Involved.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, make your voice heard!

Brett Kimberlin: Anyone Else Thinking Cointelpro?

manufactured grassroots, disinfo, and insidious marketing

Brett Kimberlin: Anyone Else Thinking Cointelpro?

Unread postby socrates2 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:40 pm

I've finally given up on the BradBlog and will never post there again. The last straw has been looking more closely at the background of Brad Friedman's co-founder of the Velvet Revolution. I stumbled across his name months ago and realised he was the dude who alleged he sold pot to Dan Quayle. In this informational overload age, it is not exactly easy to connect dots. It was only recently that I started to see how dodgy the Clint Curtis story is.

When you have a nutjob like Fintan Dunne calling out RawStory, BradBlog, and Bev Harris as fakes, it's tough not to back them 100%. Bev Harris is actually coming out clean for me, unless someone can prove that she's made tons of money and spent it on a lavish lifestyle. So let's forget about Bev. It's not like she has anything to do with Brett Kimberlin like the other two.

How does someone with a fifty year sentence for being a bomber get out of his sentence so easily? I have bookmarks of good stuff and will add to this thread as I can.

But back to Fintan Dunne. A few months ago I confronted him on why he was attacking Brad Friedman. He mentioned how the shady Curtis story propelled his career. I figured Brad built up some momentum at the Democratic Underground and simply was at the right place at the right time for success. However, this was before I connected the dots to Brett Kimberlin.

Here are a few links to get us started.

The classic article from TIME:
The Wizard of Odd

Oops, back to Fintan. Where does Fintan say one word about Brett Kimberlin. I don't see it. Kimberlin is even more devastating to the BradBlog's credibility than anything to do with the Clint Curtis story. Kimberlin's history is simply mind blowing. It goes well beyond any allegationg of selling weed to Danny Quayle.

newprogressivecoalition.com/node/4355

basic info:

dailykos.com/comments

[quote="MFL"]here's the money quote

So the book is called "All Too Human"

Here's an excerpt: The setting is that George is being "vetted" for the 92 campaign by Vince Foster and Webb Hubbell at the Governor's mansion in Little Rock.

""Well," I began, "you should know I'm the subject of a criminal investigation by the FBI." Republican complaints had forced a probe to see if I had conspired with Iran-Contra independent counsel Lawrence Walsh to damage the Bush campaign. I hadn't, but maybe it would lead to something else --like the time I tried to prove that Dan Quayle was a drug dealer.

In the fall of 1988, when the Dukakis campaign was going down the tubes, I was part of a "rapid response" team doing a remarkably ineffectual job of rebutting Republican attacks. But late in the race, a federal prisoner named Brett Kimberlin (aka the Speedway Bomber) was telling reporters he once sold drugs to Dan Quayle, and that Quayle might have sold some himself. A rumor reached me that years earlier, a grand jury examining the evidence had covered it up under pressure from prosecutors close to Quayle's family. If I could find the disgruntled grand jurors and convince them to talk, we'd win --and I'd be a hero.

So I bought a plane ticket to Indianapolis and holed up in the airport Holiday Inn with photocopied courthouse records. After a day of cold-calling people who had no idea what I was talking about, I knew I was on a fool's errand. My sleuthing wasn't illegal, just criminally incompetent and a little slimy. I suppose we would have used the information if it were true, but how naive and desperate could I have been to believe that I would uncover a last-minute bombshell that every news organization in America had missed? That was embarrassing --maybe not to President-elect Clinton, but certainly to me. "

Kimberlin is also known as the "Speedway Bomber." He was convicted of planting a bomb that ripped through a guy's leg and blew off some fingers. The guy later committed suicide. His wife said it was over the suffering.

Brett's daughter Kelsie recently won a Lego's Creativity Award for an antiwar project.

{excerpt}
So, a synopsis: "Happy Springtime (Bush Is Over)" is more than five minutes of John 'n' Yoko footage, of birds fluttering past a billboard reading "Imagine Peace" and of beautiful children singing, cherubically, "Buuush is ooover!" which, incidentally, is also what their T-shirts say. "Bush Is Over. If You Want It." A credit at the end leads viewers to Justice Through Music, a civic engagement nonprofit run by Kelsie's father.

How will Brett explain to her that he was the "Speedway Bomber?"

bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F3/7/7.F3d.527.92-6084.html

{excerpt}

Petitioner, Brett Kimberlin, appeals the district court's dismissal of his second petition for a writ of habeas corpus alleging that respondent, United States Parole Commission ("the Commission"), violated his due process rights by vindictively redetermining his parole release date and failing to show good cause for a substantial upward departure from the parole guidelines. 798 F.Supp. 472. Finding no merit in these arguments, we affirm.

Kimberlin was convicted as the so-called "Speedway Bomber," who terrorized the city of Speedway, Indiana, by detonating a series of explosives in early September 1978. In the worst incident, Kimberlin placed one of his bombs in a gym bag, and left it in a parking lot outside Speedway High School. Carl Delong was leaving the high school football game with his wife when he attempted to pick up the bag and it exploded. The blast tore off his lower right leg and two fingers, and embedded bomb fragments in his wife's leg. He was hospitalized for six weeks, during which he was forced to undergo nine operations to complete the amputation of his leg, reattach two fingers, repair damage to his inner ear, and remove bomb fragments from his stomach, chest, and arm. In February 1983, he committed suicide.

After being convicted of the bombings and related offenses, Kimberlin was sentenced to a fifty-year term of imprisonment for manufacturing and possessing a destructive device, and malicious damage by explosives with personal injury in violation of 26 U.S.C. §§ 5861(d) and (f), and 18 U.S.C. §§ 844(f) and (i). He received a concurrent twelve-year sentence for impersonating a federal officer, illegal use of a Department of Defense insignia, and illegal use of the Presidential Seal in violation of 18 U.S.C. §§ 912, 701, and 713, respectively, and a five-year term for receipt of explosives by a convicted felon in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 842(i)(1). Finally, he was given a four-year sentence by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas on an earlier, unrelated conviction for conspiracy to distribute marijuana.

Kimberlin's sentences were aggregated by the Bureau of Prisons and, pursuant to 28 C.F.R. § 2.5, were treated by the Commission as a single aggregate sentence of fifty-one years, six months, and nineteen days. He received an initial parole hearing by a two-person panel of the Commission on July 28, 1988.

How does one exactly get out of a fifty year prison sentence. I am still piecing this story together. It's not exactly being advertised. Here is what seems to have happened, yet I am still working through the links to verify.

He seems to have been paroled when Bush got into office. He seems to have at one time impersonated some form of authority figure. Along with the nature of his offenses, it is not outside the realm of possiblity to think he may have been recruited by the dark side. You ever hear of cointelpro?

There is someone at DemocraticUnderground named TroubleInWinter who provided a lot of the dirt on Kimberlin. I do not like this person, but he or she did provide some good links in this thread. Most shocking, however, to me, is how Larissa at Raw Story came rushing to Brett Kimberlin's defense with a lot of seemingly inside information that she had no proof of which.

Uh-oh... THIS GUY!!!?

I recommend people look into this story for themselves. I have more things to link to, but I'm just for now gonna copy and paste some Larissa RawStory quotes from that thread. This is shocking.

you know, you read this

and you think you know... but I know Brett... and I know the story of his arrest and what really happened. he has been funding the voter fraud allegations, the afterdowningstreet people, etc... you simply don't know what you are talking about. oh, and he was also the same person who found Clint Curtis, and Diebthroat. wow, he must be a con man after all.

Voter fraud allegations? It's called election fraud. Voter fraud is what the Republicans talk up in order to purge Democratic voters.

He's funding AfterDowningStreet? Where does this guy get so much money? How did he ever get out of jail?????

He was the guy who found Clint Curtis? Wow.

I understand... I am not

trying to attack you, i am simply shocked to see this, that is all. the latst time this came up was in a threat made tot him over his protest of the baker/carter election commission. so i apologize if i seem to be in attack mode, i am not at all. i am just shocked and surprised. anyway, i agree that you have a right to ask questions and i provided the answer below down thread. i wish this whole post could be deleted because the man has been through a great deal already. anyway, sorry if i seemed to attack. not my intention.

What about the family of the man who killed himself because of what Kimberlin did as the Speedway Bomber????

I can

Only say that he was wrongly convicted, released, sued the government and won. As part of the agreement, he cannot discuss the particulars publicly. By the way, the real interest in those articles calling him a con man is that no one points out that he was the guy who - during the Regan/Quayle election, who came forward and blew the whistle on Dan's little drug problem... see, Brett sold him dope. I wonder why a guy who sued the government and won would suddenly be a con man? Swift boat anyone?

Anyway, I know him. I vouch for him. The reason he has so little money by the way, is that he spends it all on promoting causes, like election fraud. He helps Brad Friedman, Clint Curtis, and so forth.

Take it or leave it, but for what it is worth, I vouch for him.

He was wrongly convicted? So he's been exonerated as the Speedway Bomber? Brett Kimberlin is a victim?

By the way, that above quote sounds a lot like the evoking of authority and also a form of brainwashing.

Yes, RawStory is starting to blip on my ******** radar.

he was

convicted wrongfully and he even served time for something he did not do while is attorneys fought the conviction... it was overturned, he was exhonirated, and then he sued and won!

he was put into jail because he was talking about Danny Quayle's drug habbit... welcome to Amerika Image

Wow. If I didn't know who the writer was, I would consider it some kind of freeper troll.

[quote="SheWhoMustBeObeyed"]His conviction for the bombings was overturned? I don't think so

In 1980, Kimberlin was imprisoned for his conviction in the 1978 Speedway bombings in Indianapolis. He was sentenced to serve 51 years.

In 1988, prisoner Kimberlin was put into detention in 1988 after he attempted to hold a press conference about selling dope to Quayle.

In 1993, Kimberlin appealed for his release because his parole, originally set for 1993, was reset for 1998 after Bush 1 was elected. It was later rolled back to 1994.

In 2003, Kimberlin sued employees in the Department of Justice and the Bureau of Prisons for unlawful denial of press access.

I have found nothing that says his original conviction for the bombings was overturned. Or proves that he sold dope to Quayle, for that matter.

I will have to leave it.

[quote="lala_rawraw"]ah, you are confusing dates

and stories....

and the source on this is whom? i too shall have to leave it... clearly, he is a menace to society, that damn Rock the Vote, Justice Through Music, Velvet Revolution, election reform, civil liberties activist... as for finding no proof that he sold dope to Danny, well, i must say it his his word against Danny's, in the end... is it not? what proof would there be? a credit card stub? a money order? an invoice?

i have not denied he sold pot, in fact i actually said so... oh boy, those evil post sellers. but you are right... a man who has spent the last 17 years of his life doing work on behalf of the American citizen should be locked up forever for having sold pot.

Good people, feel free to read the rest of that thread. Here are some others. Shocking. And I should be able to connect some more dots as the days move ahead. I wanted to get this one started.

$250,000 Reward Offered For Information About Vote Fraud!

It appears the VR did have their promo for vote fraud at first but then fixed it.

Some food for thought:

Whistleblower reward used to uncover good guys and eliminate them???

[quote="jamboi"]Research has revealed that this Justice Through Music guy is the same person who spent a number of years in the Federal slammer for selling cocaine and setting off bombs in Indiana and he's the guy who claimed he sold marijuana to Dan Quayle!! Sounds like it is likely he did sell dope to Quayle since that has been confirmed by other sources. This vote scam reward group may be a Bushco operation to smoke out evidence and witnesses and destroy them when the Music guy's name comes forward. And is the "Velvet Revolution" involved in this? Here's an article that is relevant:

Ok, one last link for now. I am tired, and without the highspeed internet, it is just too difficult to get as much done as I have in the past.

blogtalkradio.com/lasteelshoworg/2008/01/24/The-LA-Steel-Show

Date / Time: 1/24/2008 1:00 AM
The L.A. Steel Show

Politically Independent talk show , activism, alternative news,and interviews with authors, activists, politicians and researchers. Tonight we interview Brett Kimberlin, the man behind e-voting investigations of BradBlog.com and the investigative internet journal Raw Story.com. Brett is a musician and was recently waterboarded for a music video. Interview is pre recorded.

So Brett Kimberlin is behind Raw Story and BradBlog?

What would be the best way to keep suspicions low about a place? How about if you had a crankpot called "Fintan Dunne" call them CIA rat fakes. Then one will quickly see that Dunne is the loser, and Brad and Larissa must be our new heroes.

I want to know how that guy got out of a fifty year sentence. This is beyond bizarre. This is not conspiracy theory. This is me, a nobody from Massachusetts looking through open source material and asking WTF?????????????????

I don't get paid to blog on the internet. I have no hidden agendas. I'm not gonna edit/proofread. It is what it is. It's like Last Name Left said the other day. The truth is something that can't be manipulated. I actually can't remember what he said exactly. But it sounded good at the time. It is what it is.

So that's how these people have become strawmen in themselves, through Brett Kimberlin and other assorted nonsense. It's not that their overall messages get debunked. Yes, elections were stolen. Yes, the neocons stink, etc.. But I am starting to think there is something big time fishy about Raw Story and BradBlog.
socrates2

Unread postby socrates2 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:51 am

There's more info on this in the "Fintan," Hertzberg, Kos, DU, Brad, Bev, and the Raw Story thread in the latest couple posts.

Is Brett Kimberlin a murderer? Did he create and fund Raw Story and BradBlog? We know Brad Friedman and him are tied to the hip as regards to the Velvet Revolution.

Why did he have fake department of defense and whatnot insignia? Why did Larissa of RawStory say he was completely exonerated of the bombings? Why is she a journalist on the one hand, yet a gatekeeper on this story? Why hasn't she disclosed that Brett Kimberlin provides funding for RawStory?

There are quite a lot of questions one can come up with on this. At the Democratic Underground, it was one of the villians, TroubleInWinter, who provided a lot of info and was the catalyst at driving this topic into the zeitgeist.

Perhaps this is just another example of controlled opposition. Have the villian be the debunker/truthseeker, forcing the good lurkers into more readily accepting the authority figure hero named Larisa Alexandrovna.

The full story has never been told. It is also one that predates the huge expansion of the internet. This seems to be outside the realm of open source info needed to figure out.

Brett Kimberlin was charged with the murder of Julia Scyphers. I plugged her name with Brett Kimberlin into yahoo and got two solid results from the New Yorker. Unfortunately they are only excerpts, and people would have to dish up money to see the rest.

I feel very disillusioned that this guy is behind RawStory and BradBlog. To what extent he supports them, it is unclear. But Brad and Larisa did spring out of the Democratic Underground at about the same time. They now both run two of the more popular progressive websites.

I guess the key is to figure out how involved Kimberlin has been. To say he has no credibility is an understatement. For Larisa to vouch for his innocence without proof is astounding and completely unsettling.

Anyone with information or ideas, please share. We need to know the truth no matter what it is. Read the following very closely. Now what was Kimberlin doing going on long trips alone with Scyphers' grand-daughter? This is mind blowing. It'd be one thing to hear of this guy, and go yeah, he's the one who said he sold weed to Dan Quayle. But consider the ramifications of his association with Brad and Larisa. Are those two gatekeepers? Are they being funded by someone whose actions have led to more than one death? The following info says he was charged with the murder of Julia Scyphers. Shocking.

Mark Singer, A Reporter at Large,
"THE PRISONER AND THE POLITICIAN,"
The New Yorker, October 5, 1992, p. 108

ABSTRACT

A REPORTER AT LARGE about Brett Coleman Kimberlin, a convicted marijuana smuggler who says he sold marijuana to Dan Quayle in the early 1970s. Kimberlin is in prison for a series of bombings that occurred, at Indianapolis Speedway stores in '78--crimes he says he didn't commit. Kimberlin says he sold drugs to Quayle from '71-'73, when Quayle was enrolled at the Indiana University Law School branch in Indianapolis, and visiting friends at Bloomington. Tells about Kimberlin's large marijuana operations. He was charged with murder of a woman named Julia Scyphers, and with the bombings; he was convicted of the latter, and of various other crimes. In prison, he has become active as a paralegal. Many believe he did not receive a fair trial, including former Solicitor General Erwin Griswold. Kimberlin told his story about Quayle to Nina Totenberg of NPR and Norman Goren, then of "60 Minutes," but they didn't run it. His charges eventually gained publicity through Garry Trudeau's "Doonesbury" comic strip Tells how prison officials, apparently acting on orders from Bush-Quayle staffers, punished Kimberlin for telling his story, and prevented him from talking further with reporters. These charges will be heard by the U.S. Court of Appeals on Oct. 16.

Mark Singer, A Reporter at Large,
"UNFINISHED BUSINESS,"
The New Yorker, October 7, 1996, p. 54

ABSTRACT

A REPORTER AT LARGE about Brett Coleman Kimberlin... Writer completed and published a story on the eve of the last Presidential election, in which Kimberlin was described as an unlikely American political prisoner. The writer stands by this story, but also goes more into depth about why Kimberlin was in prison in the first place, and what it was he did to get there... He was 5'5", and while in prison had become a competitive power lifter... He was released in Nov. 1993, aged 39... He had been sentenced to serve 50 years and had served 15... Writer tells about traveling with him on a Greyhound bus to his mother's house in Washington, D.C.... Writer describes Kimberlin's incarceration... He signed a contract to write a book about Kimberlin's life. He agreed to cooperate, and in exchange he would receive a share of the book's royalties. This venture was predicated on the idea that there was a richer story to tell than the one I had previously told. Looking back, I think we both assumed that we had the same story in mind--an assumption that now strikes me as both conspiratorial and naive... Who he was and where he'd been had begun to seem ambiguous; where he was now heading was impossible to predict. Verities that I had filed away as tangible and solid now struck me as hazy and transient. There were questions I could pursue endlessly, their answers growing yet more elusive. I knew for sure only that I was witnessing the middle passage of a long and strange American voyage... Tells about his career, beginning at 15, as a marijuana dealer... Tells how he was implicated by police in the murder of Julia Scyphers; her granddaughter, then aged 9-12 accompanied Kimberlin alone on vacations... Police theorized that Kimberlin had her murdered in order to stop her from blowing the whistle on his drug smuggling and relationship with her granddaughter... Tells about a string of bombings which perplexed the Scyphers's area directly after the murder & which were later tied to Kimberlin... Kimberlin meanwhile was arrested on a marijuana smuggling charge & later convicted of the bombing spree as well as attempting to forge the Great Seal of the President of the United States... Tells about his time in prison as a model prisoner and a jailhouse lawyer... Tells how Kimberlin fought the bombing case all the way to the Supreme Court... Describes how Kimberlin claimed to have sold marijuana to Vice-Presidential candidate Dan Quayle while in prison... Tells about the opinions of people writer spoke to who described Kimberlin as a psycho.... Writer started a new file called "megalomania," which included some of the things that he was picking up: that Kimberlin regarded the police as idiots; that, just before the Gulf War, be became convinced that his own interventions with the Iraqis could bring Saddam Hussein to his senses; that he grew irritated with Vincent Foster, Jr., when he committed suicide, because it might keep the Clinton Administration from focusing on his own case... Tells about Kimberlin's attempt to become a pop icon... Writer grew weary of Kimberlin's narcissism... Tells about Kimberlin meeting Dan Quayle at a book signing... Writer's original story was an account of an individual's civil rights abused by politicians and bureaucrats who were protecting their interests. I still stand by the essentials of that story. But the injustices it describes must stand alongside the history of injustices I kept discoveringof law, of humanity, of life: injustices that dwarfed this little man's original complaints. And that story is true, too.
socrates2

Unread postby socrates2 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:58 pm

UNITED UNITED STATES of America, Plaintiff-Appellee,
v.
Brett C. KIMBERLIN, Defendant-Appellant

{excerpts}

APPEAL NO. 82-1025

A. TESTIMONY OF WITNESSES INTERVIEWED UNDER HYPNOSIS

A principal issue arises from the fact that six witnesses had been hypnotized during the investigation of the bombings in the fall of 1978....

Ok, there's that aspect to the trials. However, that type of thing, the hypnosis, was utilised by courts. There was real concrete evidence that convicted Kimberlin. It's foolish to think just because hypnosis was somewhat used by the prosecution, that Kimberlin was innocent. Larissa of Raw Story needs to provide the proof that Kimberlin was exonerated and paid compensation for wrongful imprisonment, or she might as well be a paid internet fake!

This is BradBlog's buddy too. This is insane.

Remember the Green Beret doctor who killed his family? That guy too used to profess his innocence. The unsubstantiated ******** from Larisa seems to be that Brett is unable to comment on the case as part of a huge settlement for wrongful imprisonment. As Clara Peller would ask, where's the beef?

Examination of the explosion sites revealed components of the explosive devices. DuPont Tovex 200 high explosive was identified at the sites of Nos. 1, 2, 4, 6, 7 and 8. At No. 3 there was identified a high explosive of the water gel type which could be Tovex. Leg wires from DuPont electrical blasting caps were found at Nos. 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Defendant had been engaged in construction on his land in rural Jackson County, Indiana, and engaged an architect for that work. Certain blasting was decided upon. On May 14, 1975, defendant was present when the architect purchased 86 sticks of Tovex 200 and 50 blasting caps with leg wires. Between 13 and 22 sticks of Tovex were used on defendant's project. Confer, one of defendant's business associates, testified that in July, August, or September, 1975 defendant asked him to help unload a truck. In the process defendant warned Confer about two cardboard boxes of explosives in the trunk. He said these were some the architect had purchased for him and that the caps were in the cab. There was testimony by persons who worked on defendant's land that they observed no use of explosives on the property after the initial blasting.

There was testimony that monomethylamine nitrate (MMAN) is found in DuPont Tovex and Tovan, and those are the only products containing it. Traces of MMAN were found in swabbings taken from defendant's Mercedes automobile in December, 1978 and from a blue over white Chevrolet Impala searched September 21 and used by defendant from about September 13 to 20. Although it is possible for MMAN to exist in natural materials, there was expert testimony that its concentration would be too low for detection.

Patricia Strait is the sister of Sandra Barton, defendant's friend and one of his alibi witnesses. She lives a short distance from Austin, Texas. On March 10, 1979, Patricia was working in her yard and pulled out from under a tree three DuPont blasting caps and 14 sticks of Tovex 200. There was evidence that defendant had been in the general vicinity during the period from September to December, 1978. Although there had been an attempt to obliterate the date shift code on that Tovex, ATF analysts testified that it was the same as that on the Tovex purchased May 14, 1975.

Examination of the explosion sites also revealed a Mark Time timer at Nos. 6 and 8, and timer parts consistent with 60 minute Mark Time or Micronta timers at Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7....

Four Mark Time timers, altered so as to start an electric device rather than turn one off, were found in the trunk of the Impala on September 21, 1978, and two timers were found by Patricia Strait in her yard March 10, 1979.

Someone should write a book on this story.

The affidavit was carefully detailed. Personal observations and information from named officers and others were described. Complete repetition here is unnecessary. Lucas had been called to a printing establishment. He observed defendant wearing clothing with badges and insignia. The insignia was identical to that of the Security Police of the Defense Department. Defendant had in hand a facsimile of the Presidential Seal and other documents, one or more of which he attempted to chew up. He had been at the establishment the day before to have copies of the documents printed. He had been wearing the same clothing. At the printer's instructions, he had returned to give final approval of the layout. Army investigators were also present. They had just previously observed defendant drive the Impala into the parking lot and enter the establishment. The Impala had remained there since defendant's arrest.

Concededly, Agent Lucas did not claim that anyone had observed badges, identification cards, insignia, or facsimiles within the Impala. The documents he had seen in defendant's possession had been in the print shop since the day before. Under the circumstances, however, it seems reasonable to believe that similar badges and documents and related items had been left inside the automobile. We think the magistrate could reasonably find probable cause.

At the 1980 trial of all counts, defendant was acquitted of Count 25. There it was charged that he, having been convicted of perjury, knowingly transported two boxes of .223 caliber Remington ammunition from Ohio to Indiana.

The government's proof was that this ammunition was found in the Impala in the search on September 21 in Indianapolis; that like ammunition had been sold a few days earlier to a person, not identified, by a store in Dayton, Ohio; that defendant was observed driving the Impala in Dayton September 17, and in Indianapolis September 21. The government also proved that a person using the name Eaton purchased the Impala in Dayton on September 13 from a dealer named Wiltheiss. The government expected Wiltheiss to identify defendant as the purchaser, but he identified someone else at the first trial. There was other evidence, however, of defendant's driving the car in Ohio.

The government expected the jury to infer from defendant's possession of the car in Ohio and later in Indiana, the purchase of the ammunition in Ohio and its later presence in Indiana, that defendant, or someone acting for him, had driven the car from Ohio to Indiana, and that defendant knew the ammunition was in the car.

Seriously, what is up with this ********?

The government produced evidence that defendant purchased and possessed uniforms, badges, and other items related to his impersonation of Defense Department security personnel. He was engaged in this project at the time of his arrest, moments after stepping out of the Impala which he had driven to the scene.

Defendant objected, and argues that the evidence was irrelevant, or at least that its probative value was substantially outweighed by the danger of unfair prejudice.

Other evidence very clearly showed that defendant had driven the Impala in Ohio and Indiana as early as September 13 and as late as September 20. When he took the stand he so testified. A very much disputed issue was whether he had access to the trunk of the vehicle, where the incriminating evidence was found.

The fact that some of the "impersonation" items were also found in the trunk made highly relevant and probative on this issue of access the evidence that defendant purchased and possessed such materials. We are also satisfied that possible unfair prejudice did not outweigh their probative value. Defendant argues that the admission of the impersonation material forced him to offer an explanation. The explanation was that they were to be used to facilitate a marijuana smuggling operation he was carrying on, centered in Texas. Under the circumstances, we do not agree that possible prejudice from his explanation was chargeable to the government, or caused the probative value of this evidence to be outweighed.

I don't think this witness ever went under hypnosis.

Reference has been made to the testimony of Lynn Coleman. Coleman had not testified at the 1980 trial. He was called by the government at the third trial and identified Kimberlin as the person he had seen at the site of the September 1 explosion. Defense trial counsel made no objection nor motion to strike....

Coleman testified that no government agent had shown him a picture of defendant. He had seen defendant's picture on television at the time of his arrest and later.

ATF Agent Donovan testified that in a search of defendant's home September 23, 1978, he found a .22 caliber rifle and two shotguns, a box of 12 gauge shotgun shells, a box of .22 caliber ammunition, and a clip containing four .30 caliber rounds. Twelve (12) gauge shotgun shells and 30.06 ammunition had also been found in the Impala. This evidence came in without objection.

Scott Bixler was a co-defendant with defendant Kimberlin in the Texas marijuana case. In rebuttal he testified that in the summer of 1978 he purchased seven AR-15 rifles at $300 each. Defendant Kimberlin supplied the money, and Bixler turned six of the rifles over to him. Days before, Bixler had purchased a shotgun for defendant Kimberlin. This testimony came in without objection. There was testimony that an AR-15 was found at the Patricia Strait residence in Texas, along with apparent bomb components, and that the serial number on the rifle was scratched through. This evidence came in without objection.

I'll stop there. Those are the excerpts that stood out to me from the first half of that court link.
socrates2

Unread postby socrates2 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:30 am

Brad Friedman has put robot blocking on the wayback machine.

I used to trust this guy.

The problem is all about who people like Brad are associating with. It's about Larissa lying about Kimberlin's past. Does she have a conflict of interest or not? Shouldn't the Zeitgeist be aware of all these connections?

Last_Name_Left did a good job showing how Mike Rivero is tied to racists such as Curt Maynard. I checked the Rense links. There is a spot for Maynard, but the link has been scrubbed.

Rivero is tied to Tinoire. Tinoire is tied to Wayne Madsen and Jeff Wells. We recently found out that Brad is tied to Kimberlin and Tinoire. The Agent99 and tinfoil people seem like plants. All that mumbo jumbo talk about true patriots.

Brad is tied to Ben Burch and thus the Andy Stephenson tinfoil. Tinoire is tied to tinfoiler KillTown. I think all these places have become energy pits, tinfoil by association, gatekeeping, distractions, etc.

Is the internet mostly comprised of some scripted zeitgeist?

socrates2

Photo of Brett Kimberlin (Kimberlin's at the far right)

Unread postby birds of a feather » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:31 am

birds of a feather

Unread postby socrates2 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:11 pm

The Memphis Flyer
"Where Are They Now?"
Yesterday's heroes and villains are gone but not forgotten.
BY FLYER STAFF | FEBRUARY 28, 2003

Brett Kimberlin

Kimberlin, the subject of two early-'90s Flyer cover stories, first gained attention in 1988 when he told NPR journalist Nina Totenberg from a prison in Indiana that he had sold pot to Dan Quayle when the then-vice-presidential candidate was in law school. Within days (and within days of the 1988 presidential election) media interest grew, a press conference was scheduled and then canceled. Prison officials restricted access to Kimberlin, making this convicted drug smuggler and bomber a self-proclaimed "political prisoner."

In 1992, The New Yorker published a lengthy article about Kimberlin's claims -- again just days before a presidential election. The article's author, Mark Singer, then wrote a book, sharing his contract fee with Kimberlin. While working on the book, Citizen K: The Deeply Weird American Journey of Brett Kimberlin, published in 1996, Singer began to question the veracity of his subject's claims, especially those about Quayle buying drugs.

Kimberlin was released from prison, was returned to prison, and was released again, the last time in June 2001. He has filed a number of lawsuits, among them a civil case against the Department of Justice stemming from the 1988 restrictions, which he argued violated his First Amendment rights. A final appeal of that case was rejected by the Supreme Court in March 2001. More recently, Kimberlin was involved in another First Amendment lawsuit against the Department of Justice, this time because of a prison ban of electric guitars. That suit was rejected this month.

Meanwhile, Kimberlin is a guitarist and vocalist for the D.C.-based band Epoxy. Epoxy released its first album, Nothing Else, last summer. -- Susan Ellis
socrates2

Unread postby socrates2 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:22 pm

I don't see where he won any lawsuit. Where did Kimberlin get all this money to bankroll "progressive" websites? I posted another story on the forum recently about some lady who infiltrated the gun control peace groups. We now know about Hal Turner and his FBI contacts. Is it crazy to believe that Brett Kimberlin works for someone or something, like some modern day cointelpro movement on the internet?

I don't like how these people cover up Kimberlin's true past and make him out to be some kind of ex-political prisoner. He must owe tons of money to the family of the Vietnam Vet who died because of his actions. I feel sorry for the families and all his victims who might come across his recent incarnations without the true story. This guy waterboarded himself, writes songs for his daughter to win major prizes.

He, Brad, and Larisa should have come clean on all this many years ago. The facts have proven that he set bombs. No facts have shown him to be exonerated. Where did he come up with so much money?????

Is he the original funder of RawStory and BradBlog? None of this adds up.

Where does he get all this money to fund websites and give out huge rewards to whistleblowers? Or is he an employee?
socrates2

I am "birds of a feather"

Unread postby may41970 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:19 am

Obviously, I've got low self-esteem. In Taiwan, we call it "hot face on a cold ***." My wife would kill me if she knew I was still posting here.

Anyways...

Above is a photograph of a filthy terrorist known as the "Speedway Bomber" grinning happily while standing next to....KARL ROVE. (apparently some apologist pasted some nice sounding words below the photo in an attempt to excuse this abominable picture) The Speedway Bomber's daughter is in the middle. This disgusting specimen of human offal, also known as "Brett Kimberlin" planted bombs around a small town, one of which horribly maimed an innocent man. The victim's name was Carl Delong.

Kimberlin was sentenced to decades in prison. But now he's free, and apparently living a good life!

Meanwhile, Carl Delong couldn't deal with his massive pain and injuries, and eventually killed himself.

Rumor has it that the Speedway Bomber tried to sue Delong's widow, but I can't confirm this as a fact. Rumor also has it that Gary Trudeau championed the Speedway Bomber's cause. WTF?

The grinning piece of **** in the photo killed Carl Delong, both spiritually and physically. This revolting piece of refuse, Brett Kimberlin, makse "Aubuchont" and "Mike Rivero" look like a Gandhis in comparison. I keep getting these flashbacks of Tinoire happily standing next to some other neocon *******.

Churchill didn't stand next to Hittler and grin. Rev. King didn't stand next to George Wallace and grin. Cindy Sheehan didn't stand next to George Bush and grin.

may41970
may41970

Re: I am "birds of a feather"

Unread postby socrates2 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:43 pm

Not only is your use of sock puppetry beyond bizarre, you don't get it that you are simply not wanted here. You post again, and it will be deleted.
socrates2

Re: Brett Kimberlin: Anyone Else Thinking Cointelpro?

Unread postby socrates2 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:42 pm

Kimberlin has bankrolled BradBlog and RawStory according to the LA Steele Show. How an ex-con comes up with so much money is mind boggling. Larisa Alexandrovna of RawStory outright lied that he was a political prisoner. She covered up his bombing convictions that led to a man's death. She white-washed all his shady dealings. Then we later hear that Kimberlin has bankrolled her.

This is the only forum that has put together actual proof of a fake netroots network. BradBlog is tied into the former pot dealer and easily debunked stories like with the conservative {fake Democrat}, Clint Curtis. BradBlog and the Velvet Revolution are affiliated with the Progressive Independent. Tinoire and them are tied in with Jeff Wells of Rigorous Intuition. All these posers somehow emerged out of the Democratic Underground to have an influence on the zeitgeist. Fintan Dunne? Wow, that guy is now confirmed as a paid disinformation writer. Not that he is a tough one to figure out. He has jumped the shark. Even Democratic Underground doesn't allow his crap anywhere else but than the Dungeon.

Jeff Wells is tied to Arcadia Ego who is tied into Steadham and Chemtrail Central. You have the DailyKos, created by an "ex-CIA" employee. You have Larry Johnson, another obvious propagandist. That Joe Cannonfire guy is the same kind of wingnut, a fascist in liberal clothes.

Brett Kimberlin, I don't buy your story that you're an ex-political prisoner. I think you got out early due to a grandfather clause with parole. Otherwise, you would still be in the slammer. Maybe you got treated bad during the Dan Quayle pot story. But you've played it up real nice conning Doonesbury and others to give you a second life. But that does not mean who you really have been gets buried. Au contraire, Mr. Freeway Bomber.

There's this rude poster called Clamor who posts at both Wells' and Tinoire's places. He is over the top, another fake lefty like Tinoire. She is tied to Mike Rivero's hip. These are devastating ties to have as regards to one's credibility. Now it turns out Clamor and Tinoire work together in real life and on the internet. Remember the picture of Tinoire posing with the evil Wolfowitz? Here is Clamor.

Is Kimberlin related to this guy? Ok, that might be a stretch. But you never know.

But back to Brett, the coward who covers up his past.

This guy likes to pull a lot of stunts, like being waterboarded and posing with Karl Rove. Oh yeah, everyone is always bumping into famous sleazeballs like Rove and Wolfowitz. :roll:

He's in or was in a band named Epoxy. Check out how he portrayed himself. Anyone else thinking he's a bold-faced liar? Why did Larisa lie for him? Why is the truth about Brett Kimberlin being buried?

socrates2

Next

Return to Astroturfing