Welcome
Welcome to All Aircraft Are Not Involved.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, make your voice heard!

EI Activists Who Need To Be Investigated For Fraud

manufactured grassroots, disinfo, and insidious marketing

EI Activists Who Need To Be Investigated For Fraud

Unread postby socrates » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:37 am

If someone calls in a fake bomb threat or prank call to 911, they are charged with a crime. It should be no different if individuals spread unsubtantiated hogwash that Michael Connell was under threat of violence by Karl Rove and thus his death from a plane crash may have been an act of murder.

The individuals in the title have been deeply involved in this apparently scripted hoax. Such people are in line to generate income based on this story. Larisa does so through creating an image of herself as an intrepid reporter with the gravitas to write up stories that the mainstream media ignores. That's her schtick.

Brad Friedman and Brett Kimberlin own The Velvet Revolution. They solicit donations for their alleged ability to find whistleblowers, most notably those with information leading to possible convictions for election fraud. They have received funding from noted new age philanthropist Lori Grace, one of the heirs to the Oliver Grace estate. They may also receive revenue from Kimberlin's wealthy aunt, another philanthropist named Harriet Crosby. Lord knows how much money Velvet Revolution and BradBlog have raked in from gullible contributors. Cliff Arnebeck is a Velvet Revolution attorney. He has also been litigating the King Lincoln Bronzewell lawsuit contending the 2004 Ohio Presidential election was stolen.

While these people would be better off backing off with their promotion of the Michael Connell threatened by Rove hoax, Brad Friedman continues to tempt fate by pushing the absurdity that Connell may have been murdered by Rove. By doing so, I believe he is asking to be investigated for fraud. If myself and some others could have easily seen through this nonsense, it wouldn't take much for proper authorities to understand there is no substance to this story, and that all the primary players pushing it are closely related to one another.

A few days ago Brad published yet another article on this hoax.

''Maxim' Feature on Death of Bush/Rove/GOP IT Guru Mike Connell is Now Posted Online

link to Maxim.com article

I will give Maxim Magazine credit for one thing. They appropriately filed this story in their humor section. I don't want this to be seen as myself being insensitive to the Connell family. I'm just saying this whole situation is a stupid joke. And it's not even funny. Appropriately enough, this is the banner that lies atop the article:

The only new bit of info I picked up from this article is that Kimberlin "whistleblower" Stephen Spoonamore used to work for the FBI.

With his wiry hair and designer glasses, Spoonamore looks like a character in a Tim Burton movie. A lifelong Republican, he is also one of the world’s acknowledged experts on cybersecurity, with a résumé that includes work for the U.S. armed forces and the FBI. In his spare time he has devoted thousands of hours to investigating cyberfraud in American elections. “I know I sound crazy when I talk about this stuff. No one wants to believe it. They say, ‘No one would steal an election.’ And I go, ‘Yeah, they would. And that’s exactly what they did.’ ”

Larisa Alexandrovna appears to have become scared and is trying to back out of ownership of her participation in the hoax. She has whitewalled her December, 2008 article, One Of My Sources Died In A Plane Crash Last Night.

Click on it all you like. Nothing but a white screen appears.

Problem is she can run, but she can't hide. Copies of the article can be found elsewhere. For now a small quote from the following link will serve our purposes. The "jounalist" referred to is none other than Larisa Alexandrovna, not even her real name!

Karl Rove case witness killed in plane crash, sisters want answers

On Dec. 19, Connell flew alone in his single-engine Piper Supercub from a small airport near Washington, D.C. The plane crashed on its final approach to his hometown Akron-Canton Airport, between two houses. The cause is still under investigation but is presumed accidental.

The blogosphere refuses to accept this. "Mike was getting ready to talk," writes one online journalist who labels Connell a source. "He was frightened."

Now she's saying Michael Connell wasn't scared for his life. Riotous!

Not so...(April 30th, 2009)

There was never a threat on his person that I am aware of. The threat is - as I understand it - more like using the DOJ to go after him. That is not only plausible, I think it is probably likely. Just fyi

Ok, here's a copy of that article she whitewalled, where she said otherwise back in late 2008. Notice how she said there was a need to take precautions to meet with Heather Connell because of the alleged threats. Notice how she said she had been aware of the Judge being informed of the threats. And finally, check out how she lied or was mistaken about which lawyers informed the Judge of the so-called threats.

One of my sources died in a plane crash last night...

I have been to Mr. Connell's home. Mr. Connell has confided that he was being threatened, something that his attorneys also told the judge in the Ohio election fraud case. When I met with Heather, his wife, I did so carefully because of the threats he was getting.

I could go on, but at this point I'm pretty much just rehashing stuff I've already covered. For those in the know, apologies. For those new to all this, you can check out the related articles I wrote for this blog and at my other one. Spread the word. At some point these people are going to get the kind of attention they never expected nor hoped for.
Nobody - I mean nobody - pulls the wool over the eyes of a Gambini
socrates
gadfly

Re: EI Activists Who Need To Be Investigated For Fraud

Unread postby knowledgable » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:07 am

The blogosphere refuses to accept this. Mike was getting ready to talk," writes one online journalist who labels Connell a source. "He was frightened."

A dialog with out the other party. One thing for sure, if the family suspected anything, they'd be screaming their heads off. There are some things that you can't buy and that push through any reserve or intimidation.

It helps push a story when there's no way to resolve it. The crash report, when official, will just provide more fodder for the story.
knowledgable

Unread postby socrates » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Thanks for the post. I'd forgotten about correcting a mistake I made. The Alexandrovna "article" is available. The url got changed. Her At-Largely entries do that, when she transfers them to archives. That url can be found in the comment section of this thread.
knowledgable wrote:The blogosphere refuses to accept this. Mike was getting ready to talk," writes one online journalist who labels Connell a source. "He was frightened."

If you look at the comment section, you'll notice a writer from Op-Ed News showed up. He is a clear example of how much cognitive dissonance can take place on the net. His is very similar to Larisa's. At the time of Connell's death, she was at the forefront of turning a tragic accident into conspiracy chatter. Just a few months ago, she backtracked. Now she is trying to peddle the idea that she was unaware that a physical threat was alleged by Kimberlin and Arnebeck.

Gustav Wynn of Op-Ed News has come around to see that there is something fishy about the Rove threatened Connell schtick. However, he is still running with the idea that the main story is correct, that Connell was involved with the stealing of Ohio, that there was a man-in-the-middle attack. He also wondered out loud whether there was any confirmation that Kimberlin was the source of the alleged threat from other than a poster at DU by the name of troubleinwinter.

Well, for one thing, if the physical threat has been made up, why should anyone believe Spoonamore's man-in-the-middle claims? I'm not saying I know for sure, but it appears that the man-in-the-middle theory doesn't hold any water. If anyone can show me it does, please do.

I also provided Gus W. with links to sworn affidavits proving Kimberlin and Arnebeck are the sources for the hoax. Hmmm. So basically the attorney for VR and the Speedway Bomber, co-owner (with Brad Friedman of BradBlog) of VR, can be shown easily to have been the sources. And I can't think of another scenario where the phrase cui bono comes in better into play. Of course, Gustav never returned to counter my posts or admit the error of his ways.

These are examples of outright cognitive dissonance or lying. Larisa acts like it's Kevin Bacon's degrees of separation formula being misused in regards to Kimberlin. Yet, a couple years ago, she said she'd seen documents, that Brett was an exonerated ex-political prisoner, that she "vouched" for him. A while back she said that Connell was her source, that he was afraid and ready to spill beanage. Now she's saying she's unaware of any physical threat ever made on Connell by Rove; That it was more of a legal threat against his wife. She's not fooling me or knowledgable or a bunch of other people. She can run, but her contradictions cannot hide. We're supposed to believe that someone covering this story has been unaware of the Kimberlin and Arnebeck affidavits, yet a nobody like me easily found Arnebeck's most recent one to go with the well-known affidavit made previously by Kimberlin? I think not.

And what about Gustav Wynn implying that troubleinwinter was the source for Kimberlin being the source? I don't trust troubleinwinter one bit. I think "she" is controlled opposition. How can "she" see through Kimberlin but can't see what Andy Stephenson was peddling? If troubleinwinter has been concerned about the Speedway Bomber being in the forefront of 'election integrity', then why not The King of all tinfoil, Andy Stephenson?
A dialog with out the other party. One thing for sure, if the family suspected anything, they'd be screaming their heads off. There are some things that you can't buy and that push through any reserve or intimidation.

I don't know what's up with Connell's family. I've seen some strange things that seem unlikely, such as that Heather was able to collect and save some of his body parts. I think if the Connell family believes there might have been some shenanigans going on with his airplane crash, that this view has been driven by the one group all linked together, including Kimberlin, Arnebeck, Friedman, and Alexandrovna. I also believe that eventually they will figure out what a nobody like me and others have. This wasn't rocket science on my part. This was some of the easiest cybersleuthing I've ever done. The only edge I may have over others is that I have a somewhat unique view of the internet and have developed some skills, like having an in-built bullshite detector and the skills to get to the bottom of things. I'm actually amazed that no one else figured out the Lori Grace connection. I guess it shows how little cybersleuthing is actually being done. That find wasn't rocket science either.
It helps push a story when there's no way to resolve it. The crash report, when official, will just provide more fodder for the story.

It was obviously a weather related accident. There was some icing. Connell didn't have de-icing installed on his plane. I'm not sure why his blackberry is missing. I'll admit that.

Conspiracy theorists cannot be swayed even by evidence that debunks their claims. They have too much of an emotional interest in what they have bought into. It would be too painful for them to just say, wow, I was an idiot. I messed up. I think that's where Gustav is. He put in a lot of time and effort thinking he was on the right track to proving election fraud in Ohio 2004. To admit he's wasted a lot of time and has actually been supporting a hoax would be very painful to anyone's ego. That's why I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for New Yorker journalist Mark Singer. He was taken in by Kimberlin back in the day. He admitted to having been a chump. While Tina Brown should take more responsibility for Singer's initial mistakes by forcing a deadline on him, Singer took four years out of his life to fully investigate Kimberlin and set the record straight. Why doesn't Alexandrovna do the same? How can anyone think of her as a real journalist, after she claimed that Kimberlin was an exonerated ex-political prisoner? Something smells extra fishy about her, Kimberlin, Friedman, and Arnebeck.
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby knowledgable » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:16 am

There was never a threat on his person that I am aware of. The threat is - as I understand it - more like using the DOJ to go after him. That is not only plausible, I think it is probably likely. Just fyi
-----------------

That's quite a turnaround from her earlier claims. By 'whitewalling,' do you mean putting a a new coat of paint on a rotten structure.

These events all serve to distract and discredit the real search for truth in the election process. If you have people making
claims not related to the elections, claims that lead nowhere, that helps those who have no respect for democracy.

If Mike Connell had offered information on fraud in the 2004 election, that would be powerful evidence. But no one has claimed that he offered that evidence in the deposition. If Mike Connell had no information to offer on fraud, then why is his plane accident suspect? Are people now being killed for refusing to testify against murders? Why murder someone in a plane crash.

This scandal has done a find job of diverting attention from the problems in Ohio.
knowledgable

Unread postby socrates » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:48 pm

knowledgable wrote:There was never a threat on his person that I am aware of. The threat is - as I understand it - more like using the DOJ to go after him. That is not only plausible, I think it is probably likely. Just fyi
-----------------

That's quite a turnaround from her earlier claims. By 'whitewalling,' do you mean putting a a new coat of paint on a rotten structure.

Yes, Larisa has been thoroughly exposed as not adding up. The whitewalling term for the internet is about the use of the scrub brush. Sometimes this means wholesale deletions of embarrassing pages. Other times it is about webmasters putting a robots.txt block on the wayback machine (archive.org). Also, whenever the scrub brush is applied, eventually the caches become that of the whitewalled pages. Unless folks have super duper computer skills and access, beyond what I do, things do not necessarily remain on the internet forever.

In this case I was just plain old wrong. A poster at my other blog pointed out that the article about her source dying in a plane crash had been put into her archives. Why the old url doesn't redirect to the archived one is anyone's guess. It was never a big deal anyway, since the thing had been copied and pasted all over the net.

These events all serve to distract and discredit the real search for truth in the election process. If you have people making claims not related to the elections, claims that lead nowhere, that helps those who have no respect for democracy.

One thing that has never been explained is the connection between Kimberlin and The Raw Story where Alexandrovna works. There are two radio interviews in which Kimberlin has been said to have been the driving force behind that internet newspaper. Kimberlin never said otherwise. This point among others certainly touched a raw nerve in Alexandrovna when I moved to Daily Kos as Prepostericity, after getting whitewalled by Democratic Underground. She even requested that my diaries be deleted.

She can't have it both ways. She can't vouch for Kimberlin and call him an exonerated ex-political prisoner after alleging to have personally seen so-called documents proving it, but then now say she has little connection to him. She can't say back when Connell's plane crashed that he was under threat and scared, yet now say she was never aware that a physical threat was made on him.

If Mike Connell had offered information on fraud in the 2004 election, that would be powerful evidence. But no one has claimed that he offered that evidence in the deposition. If Mike Connell had no information to offer on fraud, then why is his plane accident suspect? Are people now being killed for refusing to testify against murders? Why murder someone in a plane crash.

Precisely. He never said he was involved in or witnessed any election fraud. If not, then why was his life in danger? This whole story, all the sources of it, derive from the Kimberlin camp. Even Spoonamore appears to be in bed with them. I've seen no evidence that his man-on-the-middle theory has any merit. I guess the key to solving this may be to follow the money. How much has VR raked in over the years from gullible but good-hearted New Age philanthropists? What kind of money is Arnebeck and Co. set to see from their legal undertakings in Ohio? As an attorney for VR, perhaps it doesn't even matter if Arnebeck is not set to profit from that. He could be getting his piece of the pie from Brett. Meanwhile, Brad moans about needing money at BradBlog to continue with his oh so wicked awesome citizen muckraking. Yet as the Mr. Face in front of the Speedway Bomber, how much money has Brad personally made through Velvet Revolution?

Another person you or others might be interested in figuring out is Michael Fingerit. He was MajorFlaw at Daily Kos and ran a vigilante moderating scam called UGOGs which was discovered by a true Democratic activist named David Weintraub. MajorFlaw also had inside power at DU. He was in email contact with Larisa. He was trolling DKos with the full approval of top DKos administrators. It also turns out he was involved with some so-called election integrity work in New York. When I went to DKos, I was unaware of his modus operandi as the historic troll. But after I got my arse thrown out of there, I soon learned about him and subsequently Dave Weintraub, better known as DaveFromQueens.

The shite really hit the fan between Fingerit and Weintraub after Dave wrote his Lessons of Long Island diary. Dave was a big time thorn in Sean Hannity's foot. Hannity is originally from Long Island, same as the infamous MajorFlaw. Of course, Hal Turner can be tied to Sean Hannity. Though some might think I am now venturing into McCarthyite smears by association.

This scandal has done a find job of diverting attention from the problems in Ohio.

I admit my knowledge of election fraud is limited. I do remember 2000. It's common knowledge that Gore won. In regards to 2004, I remember that election, and how Ohio was going to be a pivotal state for electoral votes. I remember Ohio was especially suffering from high unemployment rates. For all the various wedge issues such as death penalty or gay rights, I believe that American elections are mostly decided by the economy. This is why I doubt George Bush won Ohio.

An unsubstantiated black box voting approach to encourage a stop to election fraud has totally backfired. If there was hardcore proof, fine, let's go that route. However, BradBlog has consistently been involved in promoting what most view as conspiracy theory chatter. His Clint Curtis thingie doesn't hold up under scrutiny. This Michael Connell threatened by Karl Rove thing has been thoroughly dismantled.

I am definitely against electronic machines. Paper and pen ballots should especially be used for Presidential elections. If Canada can do it, we can too.

While I have admitted to being a newbie with the specifics of election fraud, my common sense says the following should be what EI activists center their efforts on.

*** campaign finance reform
*** equal access to voting (equal amounts of booths, no voter caging/illegal voting roll purges)
*** a stop to gerrymandering
*** better use of exit polls and recounts to ensure the real winner wins

I probably missed some. But yes, this emphasis on goofy conspiracy theories is a strawman. It lessens the likelihood that a critical mass of people will join forces to fix elections. I definitely believe in paper ballots. You'd think with the money that is put into the War Industry, we could chop that down o'plenty and have enough money to ensure legitimate elections.
socrates
gadfly

Return to Astroturfing