Welcome
Welcome to All Aircraft Are Not Involved.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, make your voice heard!

Merged Upgrade Threads

technical stuff, ideas, etc.

Re: Testing The Board- YouTube and URL's

Unread postby socrates » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Lophofo wrote:
That is very odd. The same code works for the new video, but for the video that was posted first (elsewhere on the board) it doesn't work. It's the same code format also. That is strange.

{on edit :: I think I got the YouTube vids working by simply reposting the code again and submitting} -- I am using Purple colour now for my edits since socrates has already declared and used red as his. 8)

Hey, what's with spelling colour with the letter 'u'? I thought you were from Utah. My excuse is I lived in Ireland for a few years. :o

For any freeforums people who made it here trying to figure out the code:

You have to go to each youtube video post and retype or copy and paste in the code and url. If you put the numbers in the admin BB code conversion, the old youtube code will work. But you still need to manually fix each one by replacing the original with a duplicate. I'll be fixing things tonight.

{on edit- I'm having trouble fixing the videos. sorry for any inconvenience.}
socrates
gadfly

Re: Testing The Board- YouTube and URL's

Unread postby socrates » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:56 pm

Great news! Lophofo figured out the final tweaking needed to fix all youtubes. The glitch was with the www in the address. Just use the appropriate code depending if www is in the address.

As for the url abbreviator, that is a pain right now. Please try to use the url codes. Also, this problem is happening on edits, previews, and quotes. Please make sure that the url links are intact in the posting box, or else we will have broken links.

Someday I will get highspeed and watch videos again. I am happy this is fixed, because the forum will be that much better. It was a team effort with Lophofo figuring out the finishing touches. Making these codes isn't too tough. It looks like it is mostly about tweaking existing codes so they can get around any of the glitches. Html code is out for now. Maybe in the future we'll add it. But it isn't a priority.

I should be able to fix all videos by the end of the weekend. :)

I'll have to make a post at freeforums, so anyone with this problem will be able to fix their videos too. This is good karma. Thanks Lophofo.

{on edit: For anyone who somehow made it here looking to figure out how to fix the youtube codes, I just made this post at FreeForums with all the info you need.}
socrates
gadfly

Important Update: URL's, New Windows, etc. Please Read

Unread postby socrates » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:19 pm

Links not put in the url codes are going to redirect readers to those websites. Yikes, this place is turning into a tech forum with more rebuilding to be done than at first thought.

Please use the url codes.

Code: Select all
[url=http://...]url description[/url]

Here is what I am working on. In time, this forum will look very good. Right now, it is a bit of a mess. Sorry for any inconvenience.

*** Youtube videos are being fixed. Right now I only have the aerosol report thread left to do for the top section. Google videos will be shown as links and will not be embedded for now.

*** Eventually I want all url links in code. I am going to have to use two windows, one to edit and another to make sure the url's stay intact. This is pure work for me to fix this forum. It's a drag, but I put too much into this to not make it as user-friendly as possible.

*** Big images have also gotten cut off by the conversion to v.3. Thankfully, I have the old forum saved and can fix those too. Basically, this looks like it could take a while to fix everything.

*** Knock on wood nothing else surfaces as a tech problem.
socrates
gadfly

Forum News

Unread postby socrates » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:52 am

Ok, I've fixed all the videos except for those in the chemtrails are not kooky section. Those will be fixed also asap.

New Url's without code are opening up in new windows. Url's before the upgrade are not. I will fix this, so every link provides a new window. I hate websites that redirect to new links. We don't want people leaving this forum with all the solid info here. We want them to look around, especially the top section, to understand the deliberate nature of chemtrails.

People probably noticed that usernames have shifted to the right side. This has resulted in images being cut off. I will thus go back and replace cut off images with direct links to the images which will open in new windows.

A few other tweaks need to be done, as with some posts with extra spacing, the script didn't transfer too well. I will fix those too.

In short, everything should be fixed by the next week or two. It could be sooner. It could take longer than that. I'm doing the best I can.

I am also thinking of using a new mod called the merge. E.G., we have had a lot of new threads in current events documenting extreme weather. My plan is to see if all of those can be merged into one thread. In this It Happens section, e.g., I have a lot of new threads here dealing with the upgrade. Hopefully, all these can be merged into one thread.

My plan is to make this place as user-friendly as possible.

So, new url's don't need to be put in code, although it looks better. Broken images will be replaced with access to the full ones. This place eventually will be way better than before. It kind of already is. Thanks for your time and patience as the rebuilding process continues.

Long Live AAANI.

Chemtrails are real. Chemtrail forums are not, except for this one. 8)
socrates
gadfly

Re: Forum News

Unread postby socrates » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:45 pm

Another update-

I only have three threads left in the chemtrails are not kooky forum to fix. Unfortunately, they are the three big ones at the top after the chemtrail subliminal thread.

People should start to notice the place is becoming more user-friendly. Images that no longer fit the screen are being changed into screenshot links which will conveniently open up in a new window. Dial up people will find this helpful. Most pages should load faster now.

After fixing those three threads, all videos will have been restored. Some google videos have been turned into links. A bunch of google videos have been restored to embedding.

Google and yahoo videos can be embedded. The problems have had to do with the change in software to v.3. Thanks to Lophofo for tweaking the codes so we can fix what got lost.

This will probably all be fixed very soon. I have fixed a lot of links. Those posted before the upgrade without the codes are not opening up in new windows. All links eventually will open up in new windows.

After those final tweaks. I will figure out how to merge threads. The sun is starting to shine. This place has never had a better chance at success.

People will sign up and contribute. If I have to find us some help in the real world, I will do that. Once the upgrade is finished, this place is gonna look very professional.

Thanks everyone for your patience. It's been a lot of manual work, but soon enough, this place will be sparkling. Peace out.
Nobody - I mean nobody - pulls the wool over the eyes of a Gambini
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby socrates » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:35 pm

It's taking some time. I think I'll need a week to finish the tweakings. Eventually, every link will pop up in a new window like the good old days. All broken images will turn into convenient new windows also. This place is gonna look sharp. Then we'll merge threads that are very similar, and this place will be tight. Two new members signed up. I made a few new chemtrail posts last night. As the great philosopher Isard says, we are on the good road. :)

Thanks to the members for their great posts. A lot of this place is already fixed. Take care all. :D
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby socrates » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:52 pm

The top two sections and the public forum are done. I'm gonna try to pound out the ones below.

I am excited that Dr. Minnis wrote back. I am looking forward to the NASA thread filling out over the next month.

As for the who is online info, I noticed that myself visiting the user control panel was being shown as a guest. So that explains why that shows up. Also, unregistered robots try to snoop into everything. When they get to that page, they will be asked for a password and get stymied.

After I finish fixing the url's and images in the rest of the forums, any images that are cut off will be due to the user having too small a window. There is no arrow thingie showing up on the bottom for that. Images get bigger or smaller by changing the width of the window.

After I am done fixing codes needed fixed due to the upgrade, I will merge some threads together. The view counts for the merged threads do not get added to the count. For the threads merged, I will update at the beginning of the thread they were moved into the number of views people should add to get the correct count.

We did lose three weeks of views back around July, 2007. Many of them were from the popular WRH forum thread. A low estimate of lost views for our most viewed thread would be 500.

That should about do it. I am very tired and feel a lot of responsibility to complete the upgrade. I'd much rather post like anyone else can. But it is important that the upgrade be finished.

Then in a month or two, we can really get down to business and advertise our forum as the #1 place for explaining the truth about chemtrails.

I have reset the who is online stats to a two hour period. The shorter the time, the easier it is for the stats to be processed.

I can't do this alone. Please make your voices heard!
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby socrates » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

All that's left to fix is the WRH Forum thread. Then common threads will be merged. The upgrade is almost complete, and the place is tightening up well. I have added updates here and there. A lot of screenshots have been turned into links. Pages should load faster, and the stories should make more sense. For real.

Thanks for your patience.
socrates
gadfly

Previous

Return to It Happens