Welcome
Welcome to All Aircraft Are Not Involved.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, make your voice heard!

"RonPaulOnLine", Leo Laporte, and Top10th.Net

manufactured grassroots, disinfo, and insidious marketing

Was an Insidious, Perhaps Illegal Domain Stumbled Upon?

Unread postby socrates » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:44 pm

I believe that this top10th.net needs to be investigated. Was it a coincidence they shut down the operations in the immediate aftermath of snooping around their domain?

To be honest, I really don't have anything to offer but theories on what this could be. It could have been a domain used by an astroturfing ring. It could have been used to manipulate google ads. Perhaps it had to do with both things or other possiblilities hard to fathom. Perhaps there was nothing shady going on at all, and I am just looking to explain it in ways that support overall ideas at this humble forum.

I have about 200 images from top10th.net, fastusa.net, and onlinehot.net which I want to upload. I was thinking of using the free forums image hosting thing, but it appears that those pics, while faster to upload, are now containing advertisements. It was time consuming, but I instead uploaded the screenshots to mynetimages.com. I recommend this image host to everyone.

I apologize to any of our good readers who use dial-up. I understand how some stuff at this forum could take a while to upload. For the internet to truly be democratic, we need to have affordable, high speed internet for everyone. I never could have gotten even a quarter of what I've done without the high speed service.

I will stagger the screenshots in over time. For this first post, I will only upload about ten screenshots.

Perhaps the following should be presented to legal authorities and investigative reporters. I have reason to believe that a network of paid fakes has been revealed. What other explanation is there for the following? Who is behind top10th.net, fastusa.net, and onlinehot.net? Why was there this huge, rotating database of current event stories? What possible explanation is there for this, other than that paid fakes were using such information to make a mockery of democracy on the internet?

If this wasn't concerning illegal activity, then why has it all been scrubbed away? Those behind the top10th.net operation did not want their domain to be well-known. There are two possibile explanations, imho.

1) This was some kind of illegal commercial enterprise.

I don't think so. There were no ads on these pages as will be seen. If they were defrauding someone with a get paid by the click scam, I don't see how that would be the case.

2) More than likely, imho, this was a huge database used by psychological operatives working every open blog and forum on the internet.

{I admit I don't really know exactly what this means. But I do know it doesn't look kosher.}

What follows are screenshots from what appears to be an insidious astroturfing ring having little to do with google ads or any other kind of commercial enterprise. A few months back, I stumbled across thse three very strange domains. Within them were an infinite amount of news clippings. How I came across these domains is explained here:

"RonPaulOnLine", Leo Laporte, and Top10th.Net

May41970 and myself tried to hone our ideas on what this all means in this thread:

What Is Going On With This?

Basically, within days of stumbling across these strange domains, they were pulled off the internet. There is simply no more proof of what was there except for what is here at this forum. There were no google ads on these pages. They were databases for news articles. For example, one could go to a page within the domain concerning Karl Rove or one full of those relating to Dick Cheney. One could find pages within the domains devoted to "Code Pink Aids Terrorists" or "Iran War Inevitable." How can any of this be explained other than that they were databases for paid fakes to blog their fakery all over the internet? Don't believe me? Just spend some time and take a look at this crap, any of it.

Why have these domains been scrubbed from the internet?

When I first came across top10th.net, there were over 160,000 results. It has also already been explained in previous posts on this topic that these domains had a rotating system in place for each url. That means if one could see every link ever put up by this operation, it would be impossible to ever go through it all. I got the 200 or so screenshots. I probably could have found a million. But the places got scrubbed.

But, but, but, but Ted Kennedy?

socrates
gadfly

Unread postby socrates » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:00 pm

This will be my last uploading of images from these bogus domains. I do believe that they were part of an astroturfing campaign whose objective is to control ideas. What does "Iran War Inevitable" have to do with selling google ads? What about "CodePink Aids Terrorist" or "Ted Kennedy Jokes?" I think they realised they were found out because I unwittingly had created new url addresses for them. For example, I plugged in Desi Arnaz, and a new page was created. Within days and then weeks, all the domains were deleted. They cannot be found anywhere but here.

This is my theory. Paid fakes would see opportunities to discuss an impending war with Iran. They would go to that page and find articles and links that would help them write fake posts. Or when that dude got tasered. A fake could go to the CodePink Aids Terrorists url address and come up with something to make peaceniks look like kooks. Now what the fuck is wrong with believing in peace? So I think that top10th.net and the others were used by disinfo agents to help themselves create their divide and conquer posts.

If by chance any DA or reporter stumbles onto this info and wants all the evidence I screenshot, no problemo. But I don't think I need to upload the hundreds of screenshots left to prove that something very shady had been going on with this crapola.

What would Kruschev have to do with selling ads or products?

And keep in mind how each url address had a rotating number of fresh sources.

socrates
gadfly

Previous

Return to Astroturfing