Welcome
Welcome to All Aircraft Are Not Involved.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, make your voice heard!

True Colours

may also include historical analysis and perspective

True Colours

Unread postby socrates » Wed May 14, 2008 11:44 pm

Inside Edition clip Bill O'Reilly Und Goebbels bonanza

McCain's Spiritual Guide

KO Special Comment: Bush, The War, and His Golf Game Pt 1

KO Special Comment: Bush, The War, and His Golf Game Pt 2
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby M. A. Basher » Thu May 15, 2008 2:14 pm

Wasn't that bill O'reily clip on the daily show?
M. A. Basher

Unread postby socrates » Thu May 15, 2008 3:34 pm

I'm not sure about how The Daily Show fits into this. Maybe you are thinking about this gem from Colbert.

Colbert Report - O'Reilly loosing it
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby socrates » Wed May 21, 2008 9:40 pm

McCain Endorser Pastor John Hagee: God Sent Hitler
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby socrates » Fri May 23, 2008 5:48 pm

I've been defending Hillary a bit the last couple months but no more. Wow.
This one is tough to stomach. She is a pitiful, miserable, conniving, disgusting person.

{on edit: I overreacted. I just listened to the context. She is saying Florida delegates should still count. She is saying she is the best choice for super delegates. She asked what is the big rush to select the nominee. She argued she is the more likely to win in the fall over McCain, but that if Obama is the nominee, she will support him. Then she said Bill didn't wrap up his nomination until June. Then she had the brain cramp and mentioned Bobby Kennedy. It was a brain cramp, imho. But based on my original knee-jerk interpretation, this should be a good story by which to isolate trolls. When I make a mistake, which isn't so often, I correct it very quickly. I check, double-check, triple check, etc.. I look for anyone who can poke holes in my angle, and I take it to heart. So Hillary, please forgive me for having a brain cramp with your brain cramp. Hillary has apologized. That should be the end of it.}

nypost.com

New York Post
HILLARY RAISES ASSASSINATION ISSUE DEFENDS LONG-RUNNING CAMPAIGN

By GEOFF EARLE

May 23, 2008 --

Hillary Clinton today brought up the assassination of Sen. Robert Kennedy while defending her decision to stay in the race against Barack Obama.

"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it," she said, dismissing calls to drop out.

Watch a video of the editorial board meeting here.

Obama's camp immediately fired back.

"Sen. Clinton's statement before the Argus Leader editorial board was unfortunate and has no place in this campaign," Obama campaign spokesman said in a statement.

Clinton made her comments at a meeting with the Sioux Falls Argus-Leader's editorial board while campaigning in South Dakota, where she complained that, "People have been trying to push me out of this ever since Iowa."

Obama, the first African-American to advance so far in the race for the White House, has faced threats, sources have said.

Robert Kennedy, the younger brother of President John F. Kennedy, was gunned down in 1968 after winning the California primary. He had been a hero on the left for his civil rights agenda and calls to end the war in Vietnam.

Barack Obama, who leads Clinton by nearly 200 delegates and has already secured a majority of pledged delegates, has been the subject of threats. Early in the campaign, the Secret Service gave him a security detail at the request of Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Illinois).

Clinton criticized an "urgency" to end the campaign prematurely, saying, "Historically, that makes no sense."

She later issued an apology for the remark.

"I regret that if my referencing that moment of trauma for our entire nation and in particular the Kennedy family was in any way offensive. I certainly had no intention of that whatsoever," the former first lady said.

Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson defended the comments to The Post, "She was talking about the length of the race and using the '68 election as an example of how long the races in the past have gone -- she used her husband's race in the same vein."

Dammit Hillary. WTF? :evil:

Cyndi Lauper Sings an Acoustic version of "True Colors" Live on The View.
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby socrates » Fri May 23, 2008 10:54 pm

I personally can't get enough of this Bill O'Reilly thing. It reminds me of the ending to The Dead Zone, where the authority figure made a jackass out of himself.

Here's a good one posted by andystokie of "Clips of the Bill O'Reilly in melt down."
:lol: :twisted:

Bill O'Reilly Meltdown

Also, a tv journalist got canned by Comcast for refusing to participate at an award presentation for that nutjob. Barry Nolan is a good kid. He'll find a better place.

Comcast fires Barry Nolan over Bill O’Reilly protest
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby socrates » Sat May 24, 2008 8:39 am

Hillary accepted & signed the DNC rules barring MI & FL. From a MTP interview
posted by Madfloridian

{video posted by vericool88}

vericool88 wrote:Here she goes again.
On Sept. 1 2007, she accepted and signed the DNC rules barring any other states having a primary earlier than the specified date. She did agree upon it before the election and now because she is losing, she wants them counted?
What about your signed pleadge? -
on MI and FL votes.

DNC Chairman Howard Dean
Letter to Democratic Presidential Candidates
August 31, 2007

As the leader of the Democratic Party, I strongly urge you to adhere to the 2008 Delegate Selection Rules...
The 2008 Delegate Selection Rules adopted by the full DNC at its August 2006 meeting clearly provide that only 4 states - Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire and South Carolina - may hold their respective contests prior to February 5, 2008. The findings of Non-Compliance included a 100% loss of pledged and unpledged delegates.

Hillary Clinton Campaign
September 1, 2007

Clinton Campaign
Statement On The
Four State Pledge

We believe Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina play a unique and special role in the nominating process. And we believe the DNC's rules and its calendar provide the necessary structure to respect and honor that role. Thus we will be signing the pledge to adhere to the DNC approved nominating calendar.
Added: April 06, 2008

As for Keith Olbermann, I am starting to find his special comments unsettling. One doubt about the man he tries to emulate, Edward R. Murrow, is that he came out against the Red Scare hysteria only after the story had reached a certain threshold. I have seen it argued that Murrow did not break the story as much as he reported it, once it was politically feasible to do so. Murrow, by the way, is also known for doing celebrity interviews.

Here is Olbermann going on a rant further fueling this nonsense which can only help McCain. Yeah, Hillary is annoying and should drop out of the race. But, folks should check out what she actually said at that editorial meeting. She did not infer that one of the reasons to stay in the race was because Obama could be assassinated. She made a mental gaffe. She said something which she simply didn't realise at the time that it could be taken the wrong way. What I find most unsettling about this whole thing is how Olbermann feels this need to get so dramatic. That's not journalism. Maybe he is less like Murrow and more like the character from Network who berated his audience to go by the window and yell, "I am sick and tired of this, and we're not gonna take it anymore" or whatever the line was.

Coutdown: Special Comment May 23, 2008 Part 2
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby socrates » Sun May 25, 2008 6:43 pm

Resist9999 wrote:While commenting on Hillary's RFK gaffe, Liz Trotta on Fox News Channel first referred to Barack Obama as "Osama" and then laughed that they should both be killed.

Fox News Jokes About Killing Obama {15 seconds- shocking}
socrates
gadfly

Return to Current Events