Welcome
Welcome to All Aircraft Are Not Involved.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, make your voice heard!

Is BradBlog the Source of "Defamation" Against Sarah Palin?

may also include historical analysis and perspective

Is BradBlog the Source of "Defamation" Against Sarah Palin?

Unread postby socrates » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:37 pm

Alaskan blogger Shannyn Moore has been threatened with a lawsuit by Sarah Palin. Moore says all she did was speak of rumours of an investigation into a land deal in the days when Palin was the mayor of a small town called Wasilla. Such a story has been around for a while. For example, it was covered in the Village Voice last October. My first awareness of Moore was after checking out BradBlog on July 4th.

{excerpt}
Brad Friedman wrote:Alaskan Sarah Palin authority (and occasional BRAD BLOG guest blogger) Shannyn Moore, who broke the news at HuffPo today, tells me she believes, with good reason, that there is an "iceberg scandal that's about to break. She's doing damage control."

She says Palin is "resigning as part of damage control" due to a scandal that is "not of a family nature." ...

"The governor would not be able to continue her job when it comes out," she told me on the phone just now, before adding: "Why would Mark Sanford not resign, but Sarah Palin did? Her family didn't even know about the resignation until they were standing with her by the lake" when she made her announcement.

Yes. It seems another shoe, apparently a big one, may indeed be ready to drop, perhaps within the next week or so. Perhaps earlier now that everyone will be poking around up there, according to the folks I'm hearing from in AK.

FURTHER UPDATE: Okay, I've now been able to get independent information from multiple sources that all of this precedes what are said to be possible federal indictments against Palin, concerning an embezzlement scandal related to the building of Palin's house and the Wasilla Sports Complex, built during her tenure as Mayor. Both structures, it is said, feature the "same windows, same wood, same products." Federal investigators have been looking into this for some time, and indictments could be imminent, according to the Alaska sources.

The BRAD BLOG has not been able to receive confirm from any federal sources on this. Our information comes from local Alaskans who follow Palin, and who have been keeping an eye on this for some time, while keeping it quiet at the request of federal investigators....

The problem is, according to the FBI, there is no federal investigation. Who are these sources of Brad's? Are they the same ones who told his close associate and convicted Speedway Bomber Brett Kimberlin that Michael Connell had been threatened by Karl Rove?

Anchorage Daily News
FBI counters rumors, says Palin isn't under investigation
RUMORS WRONG: Agent rebuts circulating allegations cited by Anchorage blogger.

By SEAN COCKERHAM
July 5th, 2009

The FBI is taking the unusual step of declaring that Gov. Sarah Palin is not under investigation, as Palin herself left for Western Alaska and communicated to the world through her Twitter account.

I was going to ask Shannyn if she was any relation to Jason Leopold. We certainly know Brad is a big fan of his. Yet, it turns out that according to Ms. Moore, Brad Friedman twisted her words.

"There is a scandal rumor here that there is a criminal investigation into some activities and that's been rumored for about, I don't know, probably six weeks or two months," Moore said on MSNBC, later commenting that Palin looked nervous and she believed the governor was doing damage control for news that would come out.

Van Flein on Sunday also highlighted a message Moore sent Friday on her own Twitter account, saying "yes, I know the nature of the scandal. Timing, baby timing." He said Moore has been cited as a source for reporting of a possible federal indictment. (The national "Brad Blog" quoted Moore as saying Palin resigned because a scandal was about to break. Moore said she was misquoted and can't control other blogs.)

Moore said the governor's sudden resignation didn't make sense and has Alaskans wondering what is really going on. She said Palin had a "massive overreaction" to her comments.

"I think it's great that the FBI has come out and said the rumor isn't true. ... But the fact, that I reported, that there was a rumor, is true. There was a rumor and she dispelled the rumor and that's great," Moore said.

For those of you who think I simply have a beef with Brad Friedman and am taking things out of context, check this out.

Examiner.com
Federal embezzlement charges may explain Sarah Palin resigning as Alaska governor
Judah Freed
July 4, 2009

...she may not be resigning for the reason declared in her press conference Friday that because she's decided not to run for governor again in 2010, she's quitting her job to avoid being a "lame duck" governor. That feels to me like a lame excuse for Palin suddenly bailing on her duty to the citizens of Alaska.

Instead, I'm considering the assertion of investigative reporter Brad Friedman in The Brad Blog, citing story confirmation from "multiple sources" in Alaska, that Palin will resign July 26 because of pending criminal charges for embezzlement during her term as mayor.

The charges, Friedman claims, flow from federal investigators discovering that the Wasilla Sports Complex and Palin's house in Wasilla feature the "same windows, same wood, same products" – all supplied and installed by the same construction contractor, Spenard Building Supplies (SBS).

As supporting evidence, Friedman excerpted an October 8, 2008, Village Voice story that the same contractors building the $12.5 million sports center and ice rink in Wasilla (SBS) also assisted Todd Palin with building his family's two-story, 3,450-square-foot, four-bedroom, four-bath, wood house in the town. Todd Plain described these contractors as his "buddies." ....

Friedman said his sources in Alaska told him that federal investigators had asked them to remain quiet about the looming indictment, so none of his sources have gone on the record with their names. Further, Friedman said he was unable to gain confirmation from any federal sources.

Consequently, without named sources, the reliability of Friedman's report remains in doubt. In fact, an FBI spokesperson has denied that Palin is being investigated by that federal agency...

Perhaps Friedman's Alaska sources mislead him, yet I must concede that he's repeatedly proven his credibility in the past by breaking many other far-fetched stories that later proved to be true, such as the 2000 and 2004 voting "irregularities" in Florida and Ohio....

So Judah, how about mentioning some examples of Brad breaking stories having to do with election fraud proving his credibility. Ever hear of Brett Kimberlin? This is what I think. Until it becomes painfully clear that Brad, Brett, Alexandrovna, Leopold, and many others are unreliable at best, disinformation at worst, people like this reporter along with Shannyn will continue to be burned by their ilk.
Nobody - I mean nobody - pulls the wool over the eyes of a Gambini
socrates
gadfly

Return to Current Events