Welcome
Welcome to All Aircraft Are Not Involved.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, make your voice heard!

Technical Difficulties

technical stuff, ideas, etc.

Re: Technical Difficulties

Unread postby socrates » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:03 am

The post counts are now off. But it's the content that matters anyway. I'll try to have that fixed if possible. It isn't a priority at the moment.
Nobody - I mean nobody - pulls the wool over the eyes of a Gambini
socrates
gadfly

Re: Technical Difficulties

Unread postby socrates » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:27 pm

It looks like the images put up using image hoster from the old forum software are now gone. Sorry about that. It's the nature of the internet. Sometimes there is deliberate scrubbing and pruning {rarely by me}. Other times, like this, it just happens. If for example someone deletes their videos from youtube, it's gone. A lot of youtube videos have been flushed due to copyright rules. Now that is where I just don't get where these bands and music companies get the nerve. It's not like there is that great a quality to begin with. It's a friggen advertisement for folks to buy the cd's, Anyway, Free Forums is pretty cool in my book. I do recommend them for anyone looking for a good free forum. One other thought. I'm about to make another blog entry and noticed myself praising the BradBlog. Wow. How times change. I admit I can be a sucker more than a few times. I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they show up on my concern troll radar. I did that with the more normal sounding chemmies. I did that with Fintan Dunne and Tinoire. It's embarrassing. :oops: But I refuse to become bitter about it and simply try to set the records straight when I can. It's getting pretty lonely in this place. I do wish some good people would sign up and participate.
socrates
gadfly

Re: Images

Unread postby socrates » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:55 pm

Thankfully, I have provided mostly screenshots hosted by mynetimages. However, there are many images that are now not showing up. Those are the ones where the forum's image hoster service was utilised. I could technically go back and fix each one to the best of my abilities. That could be too time consuming. I apologise for any threads which are now confusing due to this technical difficulty. Maybe the images will be restored in time. I hope so. One thing I do from time to time is save this forum so I have a copy. That way if anything happens, my stuff and others has been saved. Thanks to all the good readers and posters who helped make this a successful forum. There is no doubt in my mind that this was a worthy venture. I didn't make one penny off of this. While I wish I could go back in time and fix a few of my mistakes, I have no regrets. The overall merit of this forum has outweighed any convolution that has seeped into it.
socrates
gadfly

Previous

Return to It Happens