Welcome
Welcome to All Aircraft Are Not Involved.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, make your voice heard!

Technical Difficulties

technical stuff, ideas, etc.

Technical Difficulties

Unread postby NatureisMad » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:49 am

{with merged thread, the adjusted view count is +387}

u]socrates/may41970[/u],
Just recently, in the process of making a post, I hit the >preview< key to preview my post & got an odd page. The page said "We are currently in the process of rebooting servers. This message should disappear in 10-15 minutes."

Does this sometimes occur with FreeForums sites?

Thanks in advance,
NatureisMad
Born into...& trying to survive this science fiction world
NatureisMad
solid chemmie

Unread postby socrates » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:01 am

Hi,

not much time here, but freeforums can be funky.
if it's a long post you might want to copy before sending or maybe u can hit back button and copy again.

sometimes u can clear the cache, stuff like that, sometimes you can just hit back button and try and it will go through.

free forums has its own forum, but sorry for any inconvenience.

so especially with long posts, hit copy before sending just in case.

yeah, it can be a hassle.
free forums has actually gotten better over time.
socrates
gadfly

Re: technical difficulties

Unread postby NatureisMad » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:30 pm

Yeah.
NatureisMad
solid chemmie

Website's New Look

Unread postby NatureisMad » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:34 am

So, Freeforums has a new look now, huh?
Looks alright. Same functionality & features it appears.?

One question: When using the "Search" option; whenever I push the back button to return to the first (original) searching screen, the page not found screen comes up & I must restart the "Search".

Is this normal site action?

O.K.

N.I.M.
NatureisMad
solid chemmie

Unread postby socrates » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:49 pm

May41970 was having trouble with the margins. So I went to free forums for advice. They said the margins can't be reduced, but that different templates can work better for certain comps. They recommended this one called "classic."

I have downloaded a number of templates, there are plenty more too that can be added. Members here can now change the way they want to view this board. And if anyone has suggestions for which template to use for the visitors, fair enough.

A couple days ago, I was getting a strange screen message after posting, so I retried, ended up with double posts, but then deleted the duplicate.

Again, free forums can be funky at times. You could get a message saying you have 67,000 private messages, or you might get other messages that make no sense.

I truly do want this to be an unmoderated board where everybody are equals. It's the messages that count. I will try my best to accomodate any and all ideas from yourselves.

N.I.M., if this continues to be a problem, please let me know, and I will ask free forums to look into it. That is who the extra member is, an account for free forums to fix stuff.

I deleted "Winston Smith" because he never even signed in once. For new people registering, sometimes the email confirmations are ending up in the bulk mail section. I am personally activating the accounts manually and then sending a pm to the new members. But yeah, if people want to register, please make some posts. I don't mind DG and Desertrose not posting here so much, because I know who they are, and they are real.

Everyone right now on the member list is for real.
The members who posted yet no longer are allowed to-
entropian artifact, Viking/brass rat, the last name left, and tuddi

{on edit- when i posted this, i got some bad error message page, so I hit backspace, copied the message just in case, then went to this thread and saw that the post did in fact make it.

Sorry for any inconvenience as free forums works to tighten up their stuff}
socrates
gadfly

FreeForum Glitch

Unread postby socrates » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:50 pm

Don't panic if you get a strange error message after entering a post. FreeForums is a good host, but sometimes there are glitches. What I have been doing is I hit back a page then copy the post just in case. Then I go to the thread and usually see that it has made it on the thread anyway. I think you only have to repost if you are starting a brand, new thread, but am not positive. If by chance you double post, just let me know, and I can get rid of the extra. Sorry for any inconvenience.

The other thing is that when this happens, the post won't show up on the index as a new one even when it has actually been posted. But all I have to do is resynchronize at any point and then we are back up to pace.
socrates
gadfly

Technical Difficulties

Unread postby NatureisMad » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:46 am

Question: When using the "Search" option; whenever I push the back button to return to the first (original) searching screen, the >page not found< screen comes up; leaving me off of the website & I must restart the "Search".

-
Also: When utilizing the search option tab, the matched, word(s)/phrase(s) results that are displayed are no longer highlighted (such as a bright orange color), as they used to be.

Is this a changeable option by way of reading solutions at the Freeforums.org website?
NatureisMad
solid chemmie

Re: Technical Difficulties

Unread postby socrates » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:50 pm

NatureisMad wrote:Question: When using the "Search" option; whenever I push the back button to return to the first (original) searching screen, the >page not found< screen comes up; leaving me off of the website & I must restart the "Search".

-
Also: When utilizing the search option tab, the matched, word(s)/phrase(s) results that are displayed are no longer highlighted (such as a bright orange color), as they used to be.

Is this a changeable option by way of reading solutions at the Freeforums.org website?

forum.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=16427

The only problem I see is when there are multiple pages given for the result. FreeForums closed the thread, but is that what you mean, when there are multiple pages, there is no way to know which page the result is from?

Personally, I haven't been using that search button too much, but yeah, any technical problems, I will do my best and try to figure it out. This might have happened if you changed the template. Or maybe there is a glitch that got fixed.

Thanks for your patience and posts.

We did our best, and this looks like a decent presentation to newbies and those on the fence in regards to the actual issue of chemtrails. It's hitting a critical mass of awareness, imho. There are just so many fake posts on the major chemtrail boards that the only way to really gauge the extent of public awareness is to do grassroots polling and keep spreading the word.
socrates
gadfly

Re: Re: Technical Difficulties

Unread postby NatureisMad » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:03 am

Oh. You started a thread at FreeForums. Well, I sure appreciate that socrates, I do.
The highlighting of the search word(s)/phrase has returned. I have logged on & fiddled around with changing my "board style" through my Profile button option. That didn't seem to alter any of the other searching options at all, though.

posted by socrates
The only problem I see is when there are multiple pages given for the result. FreeForums closed the thread, but is that what you mean, when there are multiple pages, there is no way to know which page the result is from?

Yep. This is an annoying little problem with the searching option.

One more problem is: Have you ever tried the back/return button (to go back to your original search screen/entry) after getting to the first search screen? >It shoots you right off of the website entirely (logged in or not). This leaves the user having to either press the forward button to get back to the original searching screen, or else retype & begin the search way back from your original start every time.

Well, no big deal. But, thanks for your brisk & thorough checking on this. FreeForums seems willing to help with things. That is good. I P.M.'ed you, socrates, about this a bit further.
NatureisMad
solid chemmie

Unread postby socrates » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:05 am

Hi N.I.M.,

I started a new thread at FreeForums.
FreeForums Search Function

It appears that the problem with multiple pages is a PHPBB glitch that never got resolved. The admin at FreeForums suggests that we hone the words we use when searching. I suggested that perhaps the code can be changed, so at least the pages where the terms are found can be highlighted.

One other note, kind of lazy to start a new post, but there is no longer a hidden section. There wasn't much there anyway. A thread by con-trail has been moved back to the everything else forum. Another thread was simply deleted because it was a hissy fit about when we lost a few weeks of threads and posts a few months back. Much of the lost material was found through google cache, before google was turned against us. Also, it was my own fault for not backing up the data myself. Now, I am making the effort to copy everything as often as possible. That way, if anything ever gets lost again, I can simply take "photos" of lost posts and put them back up.
socrates
gadfly

Next

Return to It Happens