Welcome
Welcome to All Aircraft Are Not Involved.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, make your voice heard!

The "Chemical Trails" Haven

tinfoil by association

Unread postby Entropian Artifact » Wed May 30, 2007 6:55 pm

I think you've answered all your own q's and I'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs but here's a little something I've done before.

(Where does that grandmother sucking eggs thing come from anyway?)

Say you want to link to an original article. You could take a screenshot of the destination page or just the title or header if it is a dull text based report. Then, in a paint package, you could trim and reduce the size and quality of the screenshot. I'd save it as a jpg and aim for under 20k in size. Once you've done this a few times it becomes a simple task. Reducing the number of colours can help a lot. You can then use it as a thumbnail linked to the source.

Similarly, if it were a picture, placing it in the thread will mean that everyone who views the thread will download it, maybe several times if they pop in and out. That might lead to a middle finger more quickly than if you used a thumbnail to link to it instead. Asking people for permission is good too as it promotes your material at the same time.

There are copyright issues to consider too, but the point is, using these techniques a visitor would only access the remote server if they explicitly clicked the thumbnail. You could use this principle with a free storage area too, i.e. have two storage areas, one for thumbnails, the other for the larger, less frequently accessed files.
Entropian Artifact

Unread postby socrates » Wed May 30, 2007 9:30 pm

Hi Entrop. Is Entrop a good nickname? Maybe when you get the chance, you can post an example of both. Then all I or anyone else would have to do to see how you did it would be to quote your post.

I was also hopeful that you have a bunch of photos and videos you could put up, maybe you could start a thread and then we all could dissect with the visuals what is a contrail and what is a chemical trail, what is a persistent contrail and what are chemtrail trails that spread out and create fake overcast. I think the novice would benefit from a clear distinction being made between contrails and chemical trails.

Thanks for all your efforts.
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby Entropian Artifact » Thu May 31, 2007 3:37 am

Regarding the "identification" pics, there are several issues to consider.

1. At the moment I don't have anywhere to put them either
2. To do this properly would require empirical data in support of each pic, ie air temp, humidity and altitude etc. With at least an attempt to do this for some of the pics, we would be posting troll food.
3. I think the website would the best place for them once these things are resolved
4. Up to now, because I haven't had a reason to collect them, I don't have any worthy contrail pics; nor do I have any unequivocal real clouds either. Two days ago we had an aerosol free day (between storms) which was the first for a long while. Even then I only got a couple of reasonable pics - and these were both of the same cloud. We could borrow other people pics of course, but given the problem of people posting AOs and calling them normal clouds or contrails it might be better not to.

It's going to take a little time.

That might sound like I'm being a bit precious but you and I both know the data can only be "made safe" from ridicule if #2 is seen to be done properly.

Also, I think that in any case the impact will be that much greater if, say, we were going for 8 or 12 classic shots of each, ie contrails, AOs and natural cloud and each shot was linked to by a thumbnail in a consistent format, to a series of pics in a consistent format - for this part of the "reference library" so to speak is likely to remain fairly fixed. In fact, I would expect the eventual "Identification guide" page or whatever it's called, along with others, to form the backbone of what is potentially the most important aspect of this venture: the presentation to be used to target those who can make a difference. It's important to minimize the effort expended by designing these things in at the start.

If that sounds like I know what I'm doing, then you need to add into the mix the fact that I might not! I always try to remain open to suggestions and alternative ways of looking at things though, so feel free to say if you don't agree.

Having said all that I'm quite happy to post a few choice AO pics from my collection for you to look at and/or use, but if everything the website has to offer is routinely posted here too, the website will have lost its purpose before it even gets written!

As for videos, I only have what you've had access to from places like GV and YT etc. Bandwidth issues mean they can only be linked. It might be an idea to find out how those people get their vid hosted on GV or whatever and then run from within their web page. You know the ones I mean. It's probably easy to do, but I've never really looked into it. In terms of smaller animations on the other hand, I have a handful of gifs made from a series of shots over time, especially the take-off sequence that very few have seen in the flesh as yet. Again, I think its proper home would be in a corner of the website, linked to from here by a thumbnail perhaps. To place the gif itself into the forum runs into the same problems of people loading it time and time again as they are discussing whatever the thread goes on to discuss.

What do you think?

As far as a nickname goes, I really have no preference. Those who seek it will know my real name anyway and something will emerge in it's own time I expect. EA seems easy, although it worries me that brain automatically adds the word ". . .sports - it's in the game", when I think of it! A Pavlovian tic.

Or perhaps Ent: thereby leaving room for some loon to "out" me at a future date because my nick is an anagram of both net and ten - and thus evidence of my hidden agenda to enslave the world - via the use of microchips - injected shortly after birth - cos remember the Egyptians didn't write vowels - which means that his nick is really NT - which was the designation of MIcrosoft's first major venture into the corporate server arena - Windows NT3.x - which was often said to stand for NEW TECHNOLOGY - ENT also stands for ear, nose and throat - the very orifices which might be used for the brain chip implants - blah, blah, blah.

OMG! Man the lifeboats! SS Conpiracy has been holed! :shock:

I've borrowed this but I'm reminded of it:
Captain: Mayday, mayday. We are sinking, we are sinking.
German Coastguard: Vot are you sinking about?

Apologies, but the original video made me giggle.
Entropian Artifact

Unread postby socrates » Thu May 31, 2007 1:39 pm

Technical things like storing images can be figured out. In a perfect world, there would be a tight website for novices to go to and get a good overview of what is going on. We do what we can do.

The problem with the fake debunkers is that they never acknowledge actual evidence that there is a spray program. The problem with the fake believers is that any good nuggets get buried under an avalanche of tinfoil and scripted drama. This is why myself and may41970 think this is an important aspect to this whole situation. If it were not for the controlled atmosphere of the major chemtrail boards, the aerosol operations would have already been stopped, imho.
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby the_last_name_left » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Since this forum is as raw as can be right now, feel free to speak your mind with suggestions.

well, I don't think there's anything 'in' chemtrails, or contrails, or whatever.

I can't understand why you would think it could ever be that important. I just don't get it. I think it is 'kooky'.

;)

Exhaust gases are poison? How much worse can it get?
Last edited by the_last_name_left on Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_last_name_left

exhaust gases aren't poison

Unread postby may41970 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:19 pm

You've done a nice job, last name, of clearly explaining why you think Rivero's fascist. You present clear evidence, with examples, interpretations and conclusions.

So why didn't you just say, "I think WRH is kooky," or "I think WRH is fascist" and left it at that? Because such would have been a meaningless rant, not an argument.

Nobody here expects you to "believe" in chemtrails. If you think chemtrails are "kooky," then you can post about other stuff. But considering you took the time to make the comment above - and as you've proven you've got the ability to express a lucid argument - could I ask you to explain more clearly what you mean when you say, "I think it is kooky."

In that way, I can get where you're coming from. I can respond with something more substantial than, "No chemtrails aren't kooky!"

have a good day

may41970

ps - I agree with you about the exhaust gases. I don't think exhaust gases are "poison."
may41970

Unread postby socrates » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:32 pm

Excellent moderating, may41970. You gave this paid fake or useful idiot an opportunity to take that shoe out of his mouth.

I have seen him logged in a few times since your post.

Debunkers are allowed, but they can't be closed-minded. They definitely can't be nasty like this creep was.

This is what happens. We find "people" we relate to in profound ways, but then wham, some wierd other **** enters the picture.

And there won't be any crazy "believers" around here for too long either.

The key is people need to be real.

I think "last name" is just some smarmy creep or another paid tool who preyed on our goodwill.

A debunker or two, whatever, wouldn't be too bad, as long as they play fair and debate honest.

That was a very rude post he made. I've been waiting for him to respond to your eloquent post.

He didn't. So he's gone.

n.b added some ranks. U now have the Mod and the three who have gotten the boot now have Banned under their username.

I'd rather hear what sincere people like Helix and NatureisMad have to say, than waste time with someone who could be so blatantly rude, as if he is some paid tool. "Last Name"-- get a friggin clue. If you're not a paid tool, then you are just some kind of obnoxious dirtbag. Thanks for stabbing us in the back with your petty ad hominems against "chemmies."

FU "Last Name"
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby jazzroc {from youtube} ?? » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:05 pm

the_last_name_left wrote:
Since this forum is as raw as can be right now, feel free to speak your mind with suggestions.

well, I don't think there's anything 'in' chemtrails, or contrails, or whatever.

I can't understand why you would think it could ever be that important. I just don't get it. I think it is 'kooky'.

;)

Exhaust gases are poison? How much worse can it get?

I am fully aware of him using the word "kooky".... but who used that word in the first place in this very place? It happened to be the admin of the forums, s/he who started this forum. And then Socrates named this thread: "The "Chemical Trails" Haven" Heaven? Is this a religion now? Of course, if it indeed is a religion for you people, no dissent is allowed.

The admin who started these forums implies that people may think Chemtrails are "Kooky" by naming this part of the forums "Chemtrails Are Not Kooky!" ... and does not ban himself/herself for using the "k" word.

I tracked the other 6 posts posted by "this last name left", and found them to be quite well construed and his argumentation is of the kind one can't just disregard as nonsense... he DOES back his thoughts and findings up with rational explanations and proof. So I guess someone got afraid and decided to shut him up before he was even given a chance to speak out about the chemtrails.

Socrates, your reaction is really strange, to say it politeley. You say "last name left" was very rude (your exact words were:
"That was a very rude post he made"

May I ask you WHERE the rudeness was found? For convenience I quoted his ENTIRE post here above. The ONLY post he was allowed to make.

Comparing the words in his post to yours, I seriously have to question your maturity and capability of reading/thinking:

than waste time with someone who could be so blatantly rude

"Last Name"-- get a friggin clue.

you are just some kind of obnoxious dirtbag

Thanks for stabbing us in the back with your petty ad hominems against "chemmies."

And your own little "polite":

FU "Last Name"

My beef with you is not you using the word "kooky" in the thread title... maybe I should? My beef with you and "may41970" is the complete intolerance you have on display here. If you want to run forums for people to participate in, you would at least give them a chance to be heard out. If people can't even cast their first words of doubt onto the board without being BANNED (of all actions) one really has to question your argumentative skills and sure as heck one has to question the basis of your "proof" as well.

What I do think of "chemtrails"? Now... why should I provide you with more ammunition to have me banned at the benchmark of the first post?

Chemtrails heaven... chemtrails are not kooky ..... How can one discuss these issues if it is not allowed to question the issues at all?

"Our Chemtrails, which arsed our heaven,
hollowed be thy name. Thy kingdom is in these forums of ours.
Thy will be done by banning members on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily trailing ..."

Religious diatripe? In that case your reactions are absolutely understandable.

Was I banned before or after the whole post was read?
jazzroc {from youtube} ??

Unread postby jazzroc {from youtube} ?? » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:21 pm

PS.

Just to make it clear to the couple of other people who are members here: Last Name Left was BANNED after the post I quoted in my post. Socrates is the person who is the Admin of the forums, so he is clearly the one who did the banning, even though one might doubt that after him posting:

Socrates wrote:I have seen him logged in a few times since your post.

and

I've been waiting for him to respond to your eloquent post.

Why not give him a chance to respond? Why the rush to ban him?

Maybe you were just drunk or drugged or hit your head on the monitor or something... and were not totally in control of your actions.

In any case you don't seem to be ok in your head.... maybe sniffing too many chemtrails? You should cut down on that addiction boy!
jazzroc {from youtube} ??

Unread postby socrates » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:24 pm

Tuddi, I have to step out for a bit now, but wanted you to know that last name's ban has been temporarily lifted. A pm notification has been sent to his email address.

I would appreciate if both of you could limit this debate to this one thread.

Yes, eventually I will want to see both of you go on your way, but for now, if yourselves wish to "debunk" us, then let's hear it.

I promise to play fair.
And will keep the bad words out.
socrates
gadfly

PreviousNext

Return to Chemtrails Are Not Kooky!