Welcome
Welcome to All Aircraft Are Not Involved.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, make your voice heard!

General internet radio shows and podcasts of interest

miscellaneous

General internet radio shows and podcasts of interest

Unread postby Entropian Artifact » Mon May 28, 2007 5:34 pm

{with merged threads the adjusted view count is +364}

I like listening to audio, especially music and political discussion shows. I like reading too, but I'm a busy guy who's trying to do up a rickety house which means that reading (whether it be physically reading a book or online) is sometimes impractical.

So, here are links to three of my favourite political webcasts and internet radio shows in a particular order of preference. It's my list so I'm not terribly interested in anyone else's opinion of it. While the current membership of this forum is probably aware of each of these gems, my post is more for the passing visitor who seeks knowledge for itself and who might not be familiar with the tricky terrain to be overcome in the search for internet truth. It is out there, but it takes some rooting out.

In first place, I chose cuttingthroughthematrix.com - Alan Watt tends to post a couple of what he calls blurbs a week for download. Mostly these are hour long monologues which can sometimes veer from topic to topic in an instant or travel effortlessly on a theme from one end of time to the other, or they might be tightly focussed around a single article from the weekly news. It's a lucky dip and I for one, am an avid listener. He sometimes makes the odd factual error or two, but he never works from a script or anything restrictive like that and over the years I've found him to be totally well-meaning, genuine and honest. He's a "grand theorist" spanning many disciplines and has a lot to say about power and its manifestation over time, as well as secret societies and the mystery religion. Like the others here, he's also aerosol aware too. It's great stuff delivered at an unhurried pace. I've seen Alan being criticized (once in a while) on one or two other boards, but I've never heard anyone call this guy a fake. Critics either seem to whinge without foundation or evidence, or moan that his show left them depressed. Well, er, yes. That'll happen on account of the subject matter! It's their problem, not his. If you find that applies to you, then leave Alan to the grown ups. He might not be perfect, but if you're up for it you'll find you'll get as good an overview of the underlying root of what's been going on in the world as you will anywhere else - and you can rely on Alan not to spin things off too far out there. He doesn't offer a quick fix and you need to take a long slow drink of Alan's work to fully appreciate it, so give the man a few hours of your time. You might find you start to make huge connections in terms of a deeper understanding some of the other stuff you've read elsewhere. If you only check out one link make it cuttingthroughthematrix.com or alanwattsentientsentinel.eu (for international translations). If you like his work, buy some of it. He has DVDs, CDs and books. He makes no money from advertising or selling snake oil (or lizards) or anything like that. He says he does what he does simply because he feels the need to help get the word out about the ways things really are here in the matrix while there's still time. I think he's a good man who deserves the utmost respect.

Ok, advert over, next I nominate:

prisonplanet.com – Controversial, mildly bloated and arrogant for sure, but I like Alex Jones and he rightly lays claim to the widest listenership among the loosely formed “truth movement”. Currently offering his three hour weekday broadcasts for free, he's well worth a listen. I'm not going to go into why he's been called a fake and all that bickering, because ultimately, I think he's demostrated time and time again that he's exactly what he says he is, ie a gun-owning, traditional conservative, constitutional libertarian who pretty much supports the structures in modern society but wishes the powers that be would run them with the honour they so pretend to uphold. He's many things besides I suspect; but there's no doubt he's done a lot of good - and while I can't help feeling his vision of utopia would be unacceptable to more people than he realises I find it increasingly difficult to believe he's a fake. He has a huge ego and a brash Texan personality which means you either love him or hate him I guess. He covers a huge range of topics, talks over his guests and occasionally blows his top completely, but it's fun to listen to, most of the time. Does he make mistakes? Sure. Does he add two and two to make five, or even seven hundred and seventy seven? Yes, that too. Basically though, he's a diamond. He's made some decent films too. Take him for what he is and I don't think you'll be disappointed. Another good guy. I'm sure of it.

In third place, after much deliberation, I have chosen freemanperspective.com – I chose to commend Freeman because, even alongside Alan and Alex, you can feel the warmth of his heart and that outweighed another strong extremely gifted contender, who shall remain nameless. Objectively, Freeman's written a few informative articles and done a few TV shows ranging from excellent and fascinating to mildly chaotic and is currently doing a series of radio shows in which continues his groove - but that's not the point. Freeman is Freeman and you owe it to yourself to give him a listen. As with the other two examples I've given, YOUR mood at the time of listening is important, but in Freeman's case it's critical and you may well find that a show you found unlistenable a few days ago might suddenly have become a masterful work of art now that you've chilled out a bit! I've maybe overplayed the hand a bit there, but if it makes even one person listen to Freeman who might otherwise not have then it's all good – for so's he.

While none of them may ever read this, I'd like to say a heartfelt thank you to all three of the guys above.

OK, there's my three suggestions for the keen listener looking for an alternative to the rubbish in the mainstream media and/or bogged down in internet disinfo and malice aforethought. None of these guys can bring you the whole truth, but nor should you expect them to. Truth is something you seek. It requires effort.

In some ways restricting my list to three was arbitrary and I could easily have mentioned at least a dozen others. Maybe I should have, because they won't be there forever, you can rely on that. It's important to turn others onto the good stuff while we still can, but please remember, a person who likes Alan Watt might be appalled by Freeman, or Alex Jones or whatever variation. When attempting to enlighten others try to choose the voice and personality most suited to them. For example, some people find Alex Jones too overwhelming at first and become even more psychologically predisposed towards remaining willfully ignorant than they were before. Others would be repelled and think you crazy for promoting the ideas of a guy like Freeman if his ideas are too much at odds with their original position.

Everyone must proceed at their own pace. All we can do is put some of the best pieces in their path so that they may make better decisions.

How about listing your three favourite internet audio shows and the reasons why?
Entropian Artifact

Unread postby socrates » Tue May 29, 2007 1:07 am

I personally don't listen to any internet radio shows. I do find it a bit curious that you list three conspiracy theorists. I tend to look for more traditional, yet progressive outlets for information. I recommend the following internet sources.

rawstory.com
thirdworldtraveler.com/index.html
buzzflash.com
truthout.org

Maybe I am so paranoid of tinfoil by association, that this is why I use the internet the way I do. Maybe guys like Rense and Flocco so tarnished the idea of "alternative internet" that I am holding it against the others. Scott Stevens speaks of Japanese mafias being involved in weather wars. David Icke talks about reptilians. Why would anyone ever want to be associated with that?

I'm no big fan of right wingers, but I think Alex Jones is ok. I checked out this Freeman guy. from what I saw, he seemed to take things as "tinfoil" as they get but present it as if there are a lot of truths to it. I agree that tv brainwashes. I do agree that Walt Disney was corrupt, that Disney is all about conditioning masses of people.

But I am leery of putting such websites at the top rung for sources. I think Freeman is someone who one might want to be a bit buzzed to watch.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I can deal with tinfoil as long as it doesn't seem to be marketed. Because I am interested in seeing chemtrails exposed, I worry about the tinfoil by association. May41970 likes WhatReallyHappened. I have some issues with that place, but I don't think just because people like Rivero or Alex Jones that this makes someone a fake. I am not saying those two are fakes either, yet if I had to pick one, I'd say Rivero is the dodgy one.

Ok. I will fess up. I've been watching rosie o'donnell's blog. She even published a letter from me asking her about chemtrails. I also sent an e-mail to a local meteorologist but never got a response.

rosie.com

I will say that Freeman is interesting. Look, I agree that there is a far reaching conspiracy going on, but you gotta think like Orwell and 1984. "They" do want to control how masses of people think. But we have to find ways to articulate truths without becoming susceptible to attacks by the psuedo-skeptic fanatics.
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby Entropian Artifact » Tue May 29, 2007 5:45 am

I was aware of three of the four you mention and I've bookmarked the other one for future reference. Thanks.

The thread was about radio shows though really. I was kind of hoping someone would do a “good current affairs sites” thread as well. ;-)

Just now you are lucky over there in the US, at least in one sense. I mean, you have sites like the ones you mentioned which talk about the pertinent issues you all face. Here in Britain the situation is more complex and I'd find it hard to recommend anything without the use of dozens of caveats. Disregarding the huge gutter press market we have over here for the stupid, I have to say that when our press is good it is fantastic, but when it expected to remain silent it will do so, by which I mean the influence of the government and US/American foreign policy can often be perceived in terms of what is not discussed. On the other hand our press does seem to maintain at least a notional distance between itself and the more rabid aspects of the corporate will. Like in your country though, it's not so much the news that's at fault as it is the people themselves. Our countrymen in particular seem to have lost the ability to distinguish between reality and fiction, or what's important and what's not.

The other week, there was a story on the early evening news which broke word of the latest British victim of the war we took to those poor Iraqis. It was packaged along with with news of an earlier death that day. The segment lasted maybe two minutes. If you'd have sat and thought about the story, it would have made you weep. But there was no chance of that happening of course, because we were bustled off to the next “news” segment.

What was the next segment you ask? Well, believe it or not it was about a minor industrial dispute at an chocolate factory and it began with shots of a huge VAT of melted chocolate. Mmmm. Yum-yum. That sure made that nasty death business easier to swallow didn't it?

It sickens me.
Entropian Artifact

Unread postby socrates » Tue May 29, 2007 4:09 pm

Yeah, I will be of no use on this thread. Maybe at some point I will check out Alan Watt. The only Alan Watt{s} I had ever heard of was the guy who brought zen buddhism to the west.

Maybe we can use this thread to discuss the media in general. Yet, the unspoken rule is that people who start threads are the "moderators" of them.

I liked The Irsh Times and The Guardian when I was in Europe. I don't speak any other languages, perhaps a small bit of spanish, so I am limited.

Rosie O'Donnell made an interesting comment the other day. She said that Americans need to go outside their country to get the truth. I agree for the most part, even though links like truthout.org and buzzflash are good. I think she was talking about the mainstream media.

It's funny how CNN has a completely different version for Europe. They must realize that you blokes and lasses are a bit more informed than us yanks, that the same "product" just won't fly over there.

Bill Moyers, PBS, Olbermann, and ironically Comedy Central seem to be the only decent sources for info at this time on the american tv. Anderson Cooper is now the bigwig at CNN. He took over for the more thoughtful Aaron Brown who got pushed out. Word has it that Anderson Cooper interned for the CIA. Project Mockingbird anyone?

The biggest problem I think with American news is that it is fixated on the cult of the personality. There is Katie Couric with her nice legs. Anderson Cooper's claim to fame was that he was the son of Gloria Vanderbilt and hosted a ******* reality show. Elisabeth Hasselbeck, of The View {with Rosie}, her claim to fame was appearing on Survivor, another reality show.

ANDERSON COOPER: CIA SPOOK?
Thursday, September 07, 2006 - FreeMarketNews.com

Is "the silver-haired CNN star" hiding his past? Did Anderson Cooper indeed serve several terms during his Yale days as a trainee for the Central Intelligence Agency? That is the contention at a website called Radar Onlinem, in a posting by Jeff Bercovici.

He cites evidence, confirmed by CNN, that Cooper spent his sophomore and junior year summers as an intern at the agency's headquarters in Langley, Virginia, training to become a CIA operative. Although CNN reportedly says Cooper severed all ties with the Agency, questions still remain, says the poster. CNN's position is that "Whatever summer jobs or internships our anchors had in college couldn't be less consequential," and the information was kept secret from the public "out of concern that, if widely known, it might compromise his ability to travel in foreign countries and even possibly put him at greater risk from terrorists." ...

state.gov/cms_images/2006_11_30_rice-couric_600.jpg
Last edited by socrates on Wed May 30, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby Entropian Artifact » Wed May 30, 2007 12:10 pm

Suppose you are working for, say, Fox News and you are in the market for a newsreader. Four candidates make the short list.

The first is perfect for the job, but their university tutor reports that they have an unusually strong desire to make lots of money.

The second is perfect for the job, but their university tutor reports them to be quietly conceited and prone to regarding the public as “complete idiots”.

The third is perfect for the job, but their university tutor reports that are known to belong to a secret society and that there has been an unsubstantiated rumour of a possible link with “unusual” sexual practices.

The fourth is perfect for the job and their university tutor has reported no apparent predisposition to vice and a consistent tenacity and determination to root out the truth.

Who do you choose?

Now suppose you actually needed a fourth newsreader, how would you manage the “failings” of the one you rejected earlier.

Who is a spook and who is not is only part of the story.
Entropian Artifact

Unread postby socrates » Wed May 30, 2007 2:06 pm

Obviously, in a perfect world, #4 is hired. But if one looks at the Faux-TV staff, that is not how their people get hired.

I actually checked out some of the Freeman Perspective. One thing he said that makes sense is that "big brother" could be a limited hangout, that sure, it does stink and is important to expose/ be aware of, but Freeman was saying that "big brother" is just the tip of the iceberg.

The best bet for truthseekers getting on tv would be if such sincere individuals are also entertaining. Part of the brainwashing of tv is to make us unable to sit still for more than 15, 30 minutes at a time. Sure, in Europe, you can see shows in their entirety, maybe that has changed. I remember watching an episode of Cheers in Ireland. I remember how pleasant it was to watch the show from start to finish. To see it now, one must sit though 7.5 minutes of ads or channel surf during those periods. The brain ends up getting fragmented.

But I do like the show "Frontline" from PBS. The narrator has a pleasant voice. The writing and research is excellent. Keith Olbermann is a compelling watch. And I will stick up for Rosie O'Donnell every friggin chance I get.

I am not saying that Aaron Brown was the greatest journalist since Thomas Paine, but him being replaced with Anderson Cooper was definitely for superficial reasons. How does Bill O'Reilly get away with his ****? He pulls in high ratings. Why is Olbermann still on the air despite speaking truth to power? The conspiracy theorist will say it is because "they" understand we need room to vent. I think he is still on the air because he pulled in good ratings. Same with Rosie O'Donnell. She pulled in the ratings giving her the freedom to say whatever the frig she wanted.
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby Entropian Artifact » Wed May 30, 2007 8:00 pm

I actually made a mistake in my last post. What I meant to say was you are looking for three newsreaders.

That changes the meaning quite a bit. :oops:
Entropian Artifact

The 100th Monkey

Unread postby socrates » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:39 pm

I was just going through the CTC members list, seeing if there is anyone who might like to post here. I even got a response back from someone I hit it off with in 2006, when a few of us newbies were actually real people.

So I've been sending a private message out looking something like this:

I hope u get this. I started a new forum. When I get the chance, I am sending pm's to folks like yourself who seemed to want to post but figured out that CTC was a scam, so you just left.

The forum might seem like it is all about fake this, fake that, but seriously, I am just trying to figure out ways to get the **** stopped. The new place is for real people who want to get to the bottom of it and have it end.

I think all these forums are scams to make us look nuts. You're more than invited to post at this place. Anyone you know who wants to help get chemtrails exposed is also more than welcomed to join.

Thanks for your time and consideration, "socrates"

Maybe some teenager reads here and becomes the one that starts a student movement. First things first though. Chemtrails are not kooky.

But, since this is the everything else section, I thought I'd throw out this idea of the 100th monkey. I'll let this nice lady blogger explain that one. But I will point out what a fellow blogger at HuffingtonPost once advised me, while I was feeling cycnical towards positive social movement ever happening again. He said something, like, it's not the one axe blow to the tree that knocks it down, it's all of them that get the job done. I don't give a **** who gets credit for stopping chemtrails. I just want them to QUIT IT NOW!

Here's Rage Against the Machine saying it, quit it now :twisted:

But the yin-yang of it, here is someone's take on the 100th monkey concept. I recommend a look at her website. There's nothing like a good peacenik.

whyaminotsurprised.blogspot.com/2006/07/posting-for-peace.html
by "Changeseeker"

Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Posting For Peace

Glenda has called on her readers to post for peace today. It's the 4th of July--Independence Day--after all, and there are more of us than you might think who don't instantaneously connect the making of war with the making of greatness. I am regularly made heartsick by what I see going on in our nation and in our world, as you know. Some of you seem to get a little bummed out from time to time about my critical concerns related to race. But I am not critical because I got out of bed on the wrong side on a given day. I am not critical because I am afraid of power. I am not critical because I have issues or I want to be on top. I am critical because I love life--in all its forms. I love babies (even when they smell funny). I love birds and trees and butterflies. I love fresh-faced, eager students. I love drill teams with drums. I love stand up comics and spoken word artists. I love big city web designers and folks growing watermelons in patches of rural Florida. I love people willing to memorize lines and get up on a stage, risking possible humiliation, to entertain or to teach or just to connect with the rest of the human race. I love life. Even when it doesn't look like me. Even when it doesn't speak my language. Even when it has a different way of talking to God/dess.

See, the fact is that I'm alive. And the life in me calls out to the rest of life on the planet. Despite the way I may be seen from time to time, I do not think it's all about me. I think it's all about Me. That is to say, I think, you and I and the butterflies and the drill team members and the babies and the people in Iraq and Iran and Darfur and Palestine are me. I'm not somehow "up here" while you or him or her or it is somehow "down there." And once that idea gets up in your head, you can't say "ho-hum, they're bombing (again)." You feel the bomb hit and you scream in your soul and agonize over the Grand Ignorance of it all.

A couple of days ago, I came across a reference to "the hundredth monkey effect," a phenomenon first observed by Lyall Walson in the 1950's on an island where he and some other scientists were studying macaques (a type of monkey) and later popularized by Ken Keyes, Jr., in a book on the topic. Apparently, the scientists were dropping sweet potatoes on the beach for the macaques to eat. The macaques liked the sweet potatoes, but didn't like the taste of the sand. So, over time, a few of them learned and taught each other to wash the potatoes in a stream before eating. Eventually, however, (the process took over a decade) when the hundredth monkey learned the technique, the entire macaque population took to using it and almost immediately macaques on other islands--even distant islands--took to using it, as well, with no way to imagine how the information had been communicated. Thus, the term "critical mass" was coined.

So, I'm posting for peace today. Maybe I'm not the 100th monkey. Maybe only the forty-second or the eighty-sixth or the third, comparatively speaking. But I doubt that the macaques were counting. I doubt that they were shooting for an ultimate result. The ones who carried their potatoes to the stream were probably not blogging about it at the time or even trying to drag their friends down to the water. They were probably just washing their food and enjoying how much tastier it was without the sand.

And all those macaques grinding their teeth on that gritty sand--not realizing that it could be otherwise--just thought that's what they had to do to survive. Until critical mass was achieved and then they made the shift as if they couldn't have done it before.

Glenda called for posting for peace. In the interest of peace (world and otherwise), I'm calling for:

* an end to the war in Iraq, bringing the troops home now;

* immediate release of all political prisoners currently held anywhere in the world (including Guantanamo Bay and the U.S.) as a result of the decision-making of any branch of the U.S. government;

* an end to U.S. occupation of Afghanistan and any other lands that have not requested it (which, to my knowledge, includes everywhere we have perched a military base); and

* immediate economic and philosophical commitment to: fair trade practices world-wide; cessation of all violence against women and children; safety, opportunity, and respect for all people of color; and a massive re-organization of the U.S. "justice" system (including all prisons and jails) with the expected result of mass immediate releases of non-violent prisoners and the placing of drug addicts into appropriate facilities.

That oughta get us started. We don't need to eat sand. There's a better, more excellent way to live. Come on down. The water's fine.
socrates
gadfly

WIR AFFEN SIND AUF DEN URWALD ANGEWIESEN

Unread postby con-trail » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:59 am

WIR AFFEN

is proud to announce their anti nwo conspiracy sample blitzkrieg album

SIND AUF DEN URWALD ANGEWIESEN

:shock: 42 songs from the dark world of corporate chaos :shock:

but be aware of the consequences for your mental health
as it unveils the secrets of mind control to the listener.
you will feel apathetic and turtured at times-
you may loose your faith, and the need to surrender to the armies
:evil: of cloned rfid-chiped mcdonalds ceo's- :evil:

but that's only the beginning

the night is darkest before sunrise
and we have to go through this in order to set us free
so enjoy the show
con-trail

Re: WIR AFFEN SIND AUF DEN URWALD ANGEWIESEN

Unread postby socrates » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:42 pm

[quote="con-trail"]WIR AFFEN

is proud to announce their anti nwo conspiracy sample blitzkrieg album

SIND AUF DEN URWALD ANGEWIESEN

:shock: 42 songs from the dark world of corporate chaos :shock:

but be aware of the consequences for your mental health
as it unveils the secrets of mind control to the listener.
you will feel apathetic and turtured at times-
you may loose your faith, and the need to surrender to the armies
:evil: of cloned rfid-chiped mcdonalds ceo's- :evil:

but that's only the beginning

the night is darkest before sunrise
and we have to go through this in order to set us free
so enjoy the show

As to mind control and other similar conspiracy theories, I'd rather not have them discussed at this forum. If we are gonna put on a good presentation for chemtrails, we have to let the reader know that we are not gonna let tinfoil spoil a lot of good evidence. Chemtrails are unfortunately very real. Nothing personal, but I really don't want too much conspiracy theory here, all that NWO stuff, the brain chips, etc..

I admit George Bush Sr. spoke of a new world order, but I just don't want the crazy stuff at this place. It is the Dan Rather theory. He did a story on GW Bush and just cause one thing was off, the whole topic of Bush being a draft dodger got swept under the table. There's so much evidence of the aerosol operations, that it is disgusting that the psy-op cover up has not been busted up a long time ago. The time to get this stopped is now.

There is enough pathology of normalcy to expose as it is. Don't get me wrong. I like Rage Against the Machine, TOOL, and plenty of other groups that attack the status quo. But we need to be careful if we want chemtrails to be exposed. We need to keep the crazy **** as far away as possible from it. Thanks for your time and consideration.
Last edited by socrates on Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
socrates
gadfly

Next

Return to Everything Else