Welcome
Welcome to All Aircraft Are Not Involved.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, make your voice heard!

HAARP Disinformation Escalates

tinfoil by association

HAARP Disinformation Escalates

Unread postby socrates » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:27 pm

hat tip to Lophofo

In the July edition of Popular Science is an over the top tinfoil by association piece written by Abe Streep.

{excerpts}

The first paragraph establishes the thesis, that internet nutjobs are blowing this thing way out of proportion.

If the paranoid blogosphere is to be believed, every morning a group of plasma-physics grad students wakes up at a research facility in Gakona, Alaska, 200 miles north of Anchorage, and prepares for another day of playing God. It’s cold, dark as a mineshaft in winter, and the day’s work does little to cheer the mood. Depending on the unpredictable agendas of military scientists, this group of technicians must shoot radio waves into the upper reaches of our atmosphere to create missile shields, eviscerate enemy satellites, set off the occasional earthquake, or control the minds of millions of people....

The disinfo tries to create a wedge between Eastlund and the development of HAARP technologies. They want people to buy the propaganda that HAARP is a limited research project with benign effects. In the below paragraph one can see how Begich gets placed side by side with a perhaps planted disinfo writer named Jerry E. Smith.
Since Eastlund’s death last December, Nick Begich, son of a former Alaskan congressman and co-author of the 1995 book Angels Don’t Play This HAARP: Advances in Tesla Technology, has led the anti-HAARP crusade. “It’s not that I think it needs to be shut down,” Begich says. “It needs to be monitored more closely and scrutinized. The government hasn’t been up-front about the nature of these programs, and they’re utilizing the system to manipulate portions of the environment without full disclosure to the public.” He worries that HAARP may be capable of mind control because the waves it produces can exist at frequencies similar to those of human brain waves. Citing Eastlund’s patents, Begich also worries that the facility can alter weather. More extreme skeptics, like Jerry E. Smith, author of HAARP: The Ultimate Weapon of the Conspiracy, suspect that HAARP was rushed into completion after the 2005 hurricane season, which included Katrina, to keep the storms from making landfall. Others say it was responsible for the destruction of the space shuttle Columbia in 2003.....

Lophofo told me about this article a few days ago. He thinks, and I agree, that it is suspicious that Umran Inan was quoted for this piece. On the HAARP thread here, the Stanford professor is mentioned at the top. There aren't a million chemtrail forums. Is it a coincidence that Inan was included? Was it a jab at this specific forum?

Ask a HAARP scientist about allegations like this, and he’ll either laugh or lose his temper. “This is completely uninformed,” says Umran Inan, a professor of electrical engineering at Stanford University whose research group works with HAARP. “There’s absolutely nothing we can do to disturb the Earth’s [weather] systems. Even though the power HAARP radiates is very large, it’s minuscule compared with the power of a lightning flash—and there are 50 to 100 lightning flashes every second. HAARP’s intensity is very small.”

“You hear these people talking about mind control, and it’s just not serious,” Papadopoulos says. So we don’t need tinfoil hats to prevent evil government scientists from controlling our every thought? “We have difficulty measuring the signal. We do experiments all the time up there, and we don’t wear hats.”

I agree with Lophofo that there is a lot of chatter on the net about HAARP since the Chinese earthquake. Now that people realise HAARP is an actual reality, people are thirsty for knowledge on it. We both have noticed an obvious trait of the disinfo. It is the emphasis on a "paranoid blogosphere" which believes HAARP is for mind control. The disinfo wants people to forget about the more realistic applications such as weather modification and star wars missile defense. The submarines and communications angle gets played up big in contrast to the mind control kookiness.

With all due respect to Cpellatt and Begich, I do agree that HAARP can mess with our natural compositions even if HAARP is not being deliberately used to target individuals with mind control zappers. Disinfo is all about blurring the facts into one pot, so newbies and fence-sitters will be able to brush this off.

I have noticed a debunker at the Randi Rhodes forum in particular. He isn't a mean poster, but he is going out of his way to speak the company line that HAARP is no big deal. I don't see how anyone would take the official HAARP website at face value. With all the available documents and whatnot, how can anyone not be suspicious of what HAARP really entails?

Randi Rhodes Message Board

Is Seeker1 paid to post?

Why is the moderator named Libertas also making predictable, closed-minded, debunker posts?

A trend I am noticing at the RRMB is that the debunkers are making hit and run posts. They do not reply to fair questions. They simply ignore them.

The CBC put out a fair and balanced report on HAARP.

HAARP Exposed on CBC (part 1 of 2)

HAARP Exposed on CBC (part 2 of 2)

Also,
earthpulse.com/haarp/ground.html

Ground-Based 'Star Wars' Disaster Or 'Pure' Research?
by Dr. Nick Begich and Jeane Manning
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby socrates » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:40 am

Who is Abe Streep? He certainly seems ill-qualified to write a scientific article. I found a few links. I think he might be a "critic," a relative of the astroturfing family.

discovery-shows-ax-men-ice-road-truckers-tougher-in-alaska.html

Outside Magazine, June 2008

Dispatches: Media

While You're Eating Your Hungry-Man...

By Abe Streep

Apparently, 19th-century naval reenactments aren't sexy enough for prime time. Since spring 2007, when the Discovery Channel poached Digging for the Truth star Josh Bernstein, the History Channel has been striking back at the number-one adventure network. First came last year's surprise hit Ice Road Truckers. This year brought two more self-consciously macho reality shows, Ax Men and Tougher in Alaska. Should Discovery—whose new Bernstein series debuts in August—be worried? Here's how History's new shows stack up....

watertechonline.com/news.asp?N_ID=68274

...Book reviewer Abe Streep of the San Francisco Chronicle wrote, “ … while casual readers don’t generally pick up public health books expecting to stay up late turning pages, Morris manages a neat trick — he provides an in-depth medical history that at times reads like a mystery.” .....
socrates
gadfly

Papadopoulos, Inan, HAARP & disinfo

Unread postby Lophofo » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:10 pm

The article at popsci.com which was actually published in the July 2008 edition of Popular Science magazine was designed to calm all the chatter down on the Internet in regards to HAARP's ability to cause the China earthquake which killed over 90,000 innocent people. It was also written in such a way as to discredit any science or capability that HAARP has by two of the most important people involved with HAARP, Papadopoulos and Inan.

I hate when writers take quotes out of context and fit them around their own sentence structure, acting as if that's what the person being quoted was "really" saying. Yet, Abe Streep seems very fond of this method.

Two points I want to quickly get across:

1) How did he find out about Popadopoulos and Inan?
It's not as if you can just go to Google and type in "HAARP professor", "HAARP scientists", "HAARP research project scientist professor involved" and "BOOM" you get these two guys. Yet, he deliberately (we are to assume) quotes them (often out of context) to fit within the topic of his article.

2) Why pick these two guys even if you do stumble across them? What is their significance.
We will answer both of these questions. And, I have mounds of evidence backing my hypothesis here.

Go to Google and type in these keywords:

magnetosphere ionosphere elf vlf electrons

Now, why do I pick these keywords? Because, unlike new people just learning about HAARP or questioning what it can do (maybe they believe HAARP caused the China earthquake and want to learn more about HAARP - but they won't find INAN or PAPADOPOULOS without knowing what HAARP actually does), I know how HAARP works.

It will take you to a URL like this: link

Now, is where a n00b can just start going through links...then, search for names, keywords, or email addresses within those articles.

Click on the second link down which says:

VERSIM - VLF/ELF Remote Sensing of the Ionosphere and Magnetosphere
physics.otago.ac.nz/versim/versim03.html

It has a listing of:

Some VERSIM Research Laboratories

The last one it lists is, interestingly enough, Stanford University.
But, don't click on it. Instead, scroll down the page more until you find a section which talks about Stanford Universities work.

USA

Worldwide Stanford University ELF/VLF measurement activities currently in progress include:

* At Palmer Station, Antarctica, broadband (0.3-20 kHz) measurements continuously for 9-hrs/day, typically between 0100-1000 UT, plus narrowband observations (data sampled at 50 Hz/20-ms resolution) of the amplitudes and phases of NAA, NSS, NPM, NLK, NAU, and GBR during 0000-1200 UT.

* At South Pole Station: continuous broadband (0.3-20 kHz) observations, typically for 3-hrs/day (variably between 0900-1400 UT), plus synoptic (1 out of every 15-mins, e.g., 0005-2351 UT) observations during 0000-0800 UT, plus continuous observations (with 1-s sampling rate) of the signal intensity in selected bands (e.g., 0.5-1, 1-2, 2-4, 11-13, 30-38 kHz).

* At five high-latitude Automatic Geophysical Observatory sites: continuous observations (with 1-s data recording resolution) of the signal intensity in the 1-2, 2-4, and 30-40 kHz bands, plus broadband snapshot observations of the 1-3 kHz band for 2-s out of every 15-mins. The 2-s is selected to be the seconds 30-32 of the usual synoptic minutes.

* In the continental United States: During 1995 and 1996, Stanford carried out observations at four sites deployed along the California coast in a VLF Holographic array configuration. Continuous measurements were conducted of NAA, NLK, NSS, NPM, NAU signal amplitudes and phases with 20-ms data resolution during 0000-1200 UT. At this time, Stanford has received a new grant from the National Science Foundation to establish two holographic arrays, one involving five sites in a north--south configuration across Colorado and another involving five stations across the Alabama-Kentucky region. These stations are approximately 100-km apart; the program is called Holographic Array for Lightning research (HAIL). The novel feature of this system is that the data will be retrieved over the Internet and will be available on the WWW in near-real time. Data are being recorded with 20-ms resolution, and both amplitude and phases are measured, again during 0000-1200 UT. The Colorado array is being deployed in June 1996, while the eastern array will be in place by October 1996. The purpose of HAIL is to measure ionospheric effects associated with large thunderstorms, including those which produce sprites. The eastern array is geomagnetically conjugate to the regions monitored via measurements at Palmer Station.

* Broadband ELF/VLF Measurements: A new Stanford ELF/VLF system is now being designed to capture the ELF content of sferics associated with sprites/blue jets. This receiver will have a large dynamic range over the range 10 Hz to 22 kHz and will record data continuously on Digital Audio Tapes. Two such systems are being built, for deployment in Colorado and Oklahoma.

Wow, it shows U.S. Inan from Stanford. If you look that guy up, you'll find out he's over STAR Lab at Stanford in the VLF group:

star.stanford.edu/~vlf

The full name is Umran S. Inan.
For some reason, scientists often go by First Initial, middle initial, last name...or sometimes just First Initial, last name.

However, I would bet dinner that you won't find this guy's name by plugging in the keyword of HAARP. There's too much other disinfo stuff out there to compete with.

Another interesting thing from Popular Science.
“It’s an open plasma-physics laboratory,” says Dennis Papadopoulos, a physics professor at the University of Maryland who helped conceive the idea for HAARP with the Naval Research Lab more than 30 years ago. “You test ideas and scientific theories. Then, if something’s important to the Department of Defense, you apply it."

Why did the author choose "Dennis Papadopoulos" instead of Konstantinos Papadopoulos or Konstantinos D. Papadopoulos? Perhaps because you won't find "Jack Squat" when looking for "Dennis Papadopoulos" online. In fact, you won't find much with K. Papadopoulos either.

However, if you look up the right keywords in relation to the ionosphere, magnetosphere and HAARP...then you'll find many articles dealing with K. Papadopoulos, which is the same thing as his full name of Konstantinos Dennis Papadopoulos.

Active Ionospheric Generation on ELF/VLF Waves
stormingmedia.us/71/7139/A713931.html
09 JAN 1984

That's just one example.

So, my point is...there are quite a few people involved. There are several who are in STAR Lab...why Umran Inan? There are more than one physicist and astronomer at the University of College Park, Maryland. Why these two guys?

I'll tell you why. Because they are the "TOP DOGS". They have the most years of experience and expertise on these particular areas of ionospheric research. If you discredit them, or get them to say HAARP is for naught, then anyone who finds research that is tied in with these guys can be discredited. It's the umbrella effect, take down the umbrella, and everyone else is wet behind the ears.

Seriously, there's a reason these two guys were mentioned.

1) Someone has serious interest in the HAARP material being presented on this board and knows that we know about Umran Inan
2) Someone in power, with high authority, told the author these are the guys two quote and work into their story.

A normal journalist, beginner HAARP researcher...even intermediate isn't going to pick these guys to quote. he's not going to know their importance from the next plasma physicist...yet, these two were chosen.

It's deliberate...it's disinfo...and by reverse psychology, we can say that what they say can't be done, isn't being done, or isn't important...actually is.

Documents, links, and screenshots forthcoming...beware! :)

P.S. many small scale projects have lead up to HAARP, dating back to the late 50s. It's no surprise what's being accomplished today based on many decades of work.
Lophofo

Re: Papadopoulos, Inan, HAARP & disinfo

Unread postby socrates » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:34 pm

Hi Lophofo, It's not like there are a million chemtrail forums. Some places like Democratic Underground might have had a thread going like you're talking about the chatter, but it got buried in their 9/11 conspiracy forum. Chemtrail Central has enough crazy stuff to repel any serious thinker. I don't think there is anything there that comes even close to your approach. Maybe buried in their archives is good stuff. But good luck to anyone finding it.

I think this article was directed at people like me, not great at science, but not in the mood to suffer tinfoil-tainment fools.

At places like DU and Randi Rhodes, there were always the typical debunkers linking to the HAARP website, that paragraph minimizing the program.

Do you think HAARP caused the Chinese earthquake? I can't picture that having been a deliberate activity. I know there is the Secretary of Defense Cohen quote.

The debunkers also were quick to teach us about earthquake lights. I see those lights in Massachusetts. Could HAARP possibly be working with noctilucent clouds? Any HAARP info you can put into easy words for science numbnuts like me would be appreciated.

As for Abe Streep, unless I'm mistaken, he is no scientist. He is a media critic. How he would even get that gig is suspicious.

At first, I was taken aback by your idea that this forum was singled out, specifically, your thread. But you did mention Inan right at the beginning. Again, there aren't a million chemtrail forums. Our place here seems to be the only one centering in on the exact institutions involved with chemtrails. We are one of the few voices who have offered a reasonable theory for who is behind the chemtrails, and also the why's.

The Colorado array is being deployed in June 1996, while the eastern array will be in place by October 1996. The purpose of HAIL is to measure ionospheric effects associated with large thunderstorms, including those which produce sprites. The eastern array is geomagnetically conjugate to the regions monitored via measurements at Palmer Station.

Bingo. HAARP is tied in with the "weather mitigation." The Popular Science article makes HAARP seem like it's used to improve submarine depth levels and whatnot. The article, from memory here, didn't seem to have anything to say about HAARP's ability to modify the atmosphere.

Lophofo wrote:The full name is Umran S. Inan.
For some reason, scientists often go by First Initial, middle initial, last name...or sometimes just First Initial, last name.

However, I would bet dinner that you won't find this guy's name by plugging in the keyword of HAARP. There's too much other disinfo stuff out there to compete with.

You had Inan featured right at the beginning of your thread. Thus, I think you are correct for why Inan was featured in that article. If people read here, then google will take them to the Abe Streep article.

I just googled "Inan Haarp." The first result is a pdf. Most people probably avoid those. The second one goes to a blog covering the article.

Advanced Invention » Blog Archive » The Military’s Mystery Machine ...
Jun 26, 2008 ... The Rebuttal: “This is absolute hogwash,” Stanford professor Umran Inan says. He points out that, compared with a lightning strike, HAARP’s ...
www.advancedinvention.com/2008/06/the-militarys-mystery-machine-haarp - 570k - Cached - Similar pages

The link doesn't even work right now, it gives an error message. That's odd.

When folks eventually find the article, they will be bombarded with the strawman, mind control theories. They'll get the typical little info on HAARP and plenty on the nutty blogosphere.

I think I agree with Lophofo's idea. On the surface it sounds a bit pompous. Debunkers will say who are we to think anyone cares about a small pond forum like this. But beneath that facade, people do find this place and eventually see we have called out Chemtrail Central as being a deliberate dispenser of disinformation. Then those people will wonder why such an elaborate plan to portray chemtrails as kookiness has been implemented.

This is also one of the few places that doesn't allow crazy believer or closed-minded debunker nonsense. The dark side isn't allowed here to spam us with robotic, predictable threads. They must be hoping we sink into obscurity. Perhaps they did plant Inan's name to discredit Lophofo's thread. I don't think this is outside the realm of probability, the more time passes.

You know, it is very dodgy how Papadopoulos' real first name wasn't used. It is as if they were denying people the chance to research more about him.

Ok, here's my theory of what the astroturfers are trying to effect for an outcome:

*** We are paranoid conspiracy theorists with clouditis. Or we are disinfo agents for some reason twisting out of proportion an innocuous research program.

*** People come across the names here first, which may be more likely than not. They then go to a rigged google and end up at that predictable piece on the "crazy blogosphere." Then they maybe think Lophofo got the names from the article or maybe not. Either way, it becomes Lophofo's word against Popular Science. Veteran "chemmies" will understand this, while newbies might have their excuse to avoid this website.

I think their plan backfired, because Lophofo found the article, plain and simple. I do not think Lophofo is out of line for thinking that the Abe Streep piece cited Inan and the other guy because of his thread on HAARP.
socrates
gadfly

HAARP keywords lead to Inan, HAARP keyword itself doesn't

Unread postby Lophofo » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:03 am

Go to Google and enter these keywords:

electron cyclotron resonance elf vlf ionosphere

It will take you to this page: link

The 5th one down titled Applications of High-Power Ionospheric Modification to Studies of ... is the one we want to click on.

The AGU or American Geophysical Union always has great meetings where ionospheric and magnetospheric research is being done by radio researchers and plasma physicists.

SPA-Aeronomy [SA]
SA53C ACC:13 Friday

Applications of High-Power Ionospheric Modification to Studies of Plasma Physics and Magnetosphere-Ionosphere Coupling II

Presiding: D M Wright, Univ. of Leicester; M Kosch, Lancaster Univ.

SA53C-01 INVITED

ELF/VLF Wave-injection Experiments with HAARP

* Inan, U S ([email protected]), Stanford University, Packard Bldg., Rm. 355, 350 Serra Mall, Stanford University, CA 94305, United States

The potential use of modulated HF heating of the lower ionosphere as a means to generate ELF/VLF waves has long been recognized. Located conveniently at L ≅ 4.9, thus lying on closed sub-auroral field lines most of the time, the High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) heater in Gakona, Alaska is well positioned for the conduct of ELF/VLF wave-injection experiments for magnetospheric wave-particle interaction studies. Early results (2004) have alreay demonstrated that whistler-mode wave amplification can be initiated by ELF/VLf signals injected from HAARP, leading to multiple-hop propagation of signals between hemispheres and triggering of discrete emissions. With the upcomign completion of the upgrade of HAARP to full power (3.6 MW radiated), a new set of experiments have become possible, and the first opportunity for the conduct of such experiments is now before us. During February 23-March 6th, Stanford University personnel will be deploying two large Buoys equipped with ELF/VLF erceivers in the geomagneticaly conjugate region of HAARP, and will also conduct continuous ELF/VLF observations on the research ship which will deploy them. The experiments are aimed at generating specially designed ELF/VLF modulation formats, for initiation of wave growth, emission triggering and excitation of one-hop and two-hop whistler-mode waves. ELF/VLf observations will be conducted on teh ship and buoys near the conjugate region, but also on several distributed sites in Alaska as well as on teh DEMETER spacecraft. In this paper, we will discuss these experiments and present initial results from them. This papers constitutes a brief summary of the extensive work contributed by many other not-listed authors, at Stanford University, at AFRL, ONR, and at LPCE/CNRS in Orleans. The presenter listed as the single author is simply the team leader, listed solely for purposes of brevity.

SA53C-02

First Observations of Artificially-Generated ULF Magnetic Pulsations at HAARP

* Parent, A ([email protected]), University of Alberta, Department of Physics Room #238 CEB 11322-89 Avenue, Edmonton, AB T6E1P4, Canada
Mann, I R ([email protected]), University of Alberta, Department of Physics Room #238 CEB 11322-89 Avenue, Edmonton, AB T6E1P4, Canada
Kosch, M ([email protected]), Lancaster University, Department of Communication Systems InfoLab21, Lancaster, LA14WA, United Kingdom
McCarrick, M ([email protected]), BAE Systems, Washington, DC, United States
Pedersen, T ([email protected]), Air Force Research Laboratory, Space Vehicles Directorate Hanscom AFB, MA 01731, United States
Hayashi, K ([email protected]), University of Tokyo (retired), 3-30-11 Ohtsugaoka, Chiba, 277-0921, Japan

Over three separate intervals, active ionospheric heating experiments with ULF-modulated power in the 0.1 to 5.0 Hz range were conducted at the HAARP HF heater facility near Gakona, Alaska. On August 23, 2005, 3.2 MHz heating was carried out from 02:45 to 05:00 UT. During the active experiments of March 20 and 21, 2006, a 3.04 MHz frequency was used to heat between 05:00 and 10:00 UT. Each of the intervals involved ULF-modulation of the heater power in repeating sequences that stepped through frequencies starting at 0.1 Hz and ending on 3.0 to 6.0 Hz. Analysis of data from the 10 Hz ground-based search coil magnetometer located at HAARP during each experimental interval indicates the presence of ULF wave signals with frequencies that match the stepped ULF modulation frequencies of the heater power. The search coil instrument is located close (less than 2 km) to the heater array, which means caution must be taken in interpreting the results as an ionospheric signal. However, the magnetic ULF wave signal power varies strongly in the H and D components throughout each experiment as the stepped modulation frequency sequences are repeated, and signal amplitude is also observed to increase significantly during a narrow-band structured Pc1 pearl event that developed during the experiment of March 21, 2006. This suggests that conditions in the ionosphere changed, making them more amenable to artificial generation of ULF waves. Using the magnetometer data and other ionospheric diagnostic instruments, we present the case that the waves observed at HAARP were generated actively by ionospheric modification over the intervals described above. The results suggest that future opportunities to repeat similar ULF experiments at HAARP should include the additional deployment of multiple search coils in a wider area surrounding the heating facility. Beyond our interest in investigating the processes involved in generating artificial ULF waves in the ionosphere, future experiments will focus upon attempting to actively produce ULF waves that may stimulate the Ionospheric Alfven Resonator (IAR).

SA53C-03

Strong ionospheric perturbations generated by powerful VLF ground-based transmitters

* Parrot, M ([email protected]), LPCE/CNRS, 3A Avenue de la Recherche Scientifique, Orleans, 45071, France
Sauvaud, J ([email protected]), CESR/CNRS, 9 avenue du Colonel Roche, Toulouse, 31028, France
Berthelier, J ([email protected]), CETP, Observatoire de Saint Maur, 4 Avenue de Neptune, Saint Maur des Fosse, 94107, France
Lebreton, J ([email protected]), ESA/ESTEC, Research and Scientific Support Department, Noordwijk, Netherlands

This paper is related to the first in-situ observations of strong ionospheric perturbations close to powerful VLF transmitters. NWC in Australia is one of the most powerful VLF transmitters in the world and it is located at a low L-shell value (L=1.49). Waves and plasma parameters are recorded by the low orbiting satellite DEMETER. Electrostatic waves from HF to ELF ranges are generated and strong turbulence appears. Fluctuations of electron and ion densities are observed as well as increase of temperature. The perturbations are well located to the geographic North of the transmitter and cover a surface of ~ 500,000 km2. This area is centred at the altitude of the satellite (700 km) around the magnetic field line which has a foot at the location of the transmitter. This phenomenon is due to the electron and ion heating of the ionosphere induced by the powerful transmitter VLF wave. A much smaller effect is also observed in the Northern hemisphere at the conjugated location. This ionospheric perturbation observed for the first time is in addition to the already known precipitation of the energetic particles which interact with the VLF wave of the transmitter through a cyclotron resonance mechanism. NAA in US which has the same power as NWC is located at a much higher L value (3.0). Ionospheric perturbations from this transmitter is also detected although intense natural noise is present in this sub-auroral area.

SA53C-04

On the initial perturbation of mesospheric dust associated irregularities by high powered radio waves

* Chen, C ([email protected]), Virginia Tech, 302 Whittemore Hall (0111), Blacksburg, VA 24060, United States
Scales, W ([email protected]), Virginia Tech, 302 Whittemore Hall (0111), Blacksburg, VA 24060, United States

Important observational manifestations of subvisible mesospheric dust are Polar Mesospheric Summer Echoes PMSE which are produced by scattering from electron irregularities produced by dust charging. It has been observed that the PMSE strength can be artificially modified by using a ground-based ionospheric heating facility to perturb the electron irregularity source region that is believed to produce PMSE. Recently it has become evident that significant diagnostic information may be available about the dust layer from the temporal behavior of the electron irregularities during the heating process which modifies the background electron temperature. Particularly interesting and important periods of the temporal behavior are during the turn-on and turn-on of the radio wave heating. Most past theoretical models and experimental investigations have concentrated primarily on the later period. The objective here is to consider the temporal behavior and possibilities for diagnostic information available during the turn-on period of the radio wave. First, approximate analytical models are developed and compared to a more accurate full computational model as a reference. Then from the temporal behavior of the electron irregularities during the turn-on of the radio wave, the analytical models are used to obtain possible diagnostic information for various charged dust and background plasma quantities. First experimental campain was performed last summer in HAARP, Gakona, AK. Preliminary measurment results show very promising application of the theory.

SA53C-05 INVITED

Capabilities of and Results From the SPEAR Ionospheric Heating Facility

* Yeoman, T K ([email protected]), University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, United Kingdom
Robinson, T R ([email protected]), University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, United Kingdom
Dhillon, R S ([email protected]), University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, United Kingdom
Wright, D M ([email protected]), University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, United Kingdom
Baddeley, L J ([email protected]), University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

The SPEAR (Space Plasma Exploration by Active Radar) high power radio frequency system at 78 degrees north on Svalbard started operations in 2004. Several campaigns coordinated with the EISCAT Svalbard Radar (ESR) have been run since that time. The capabilities of the SPEAR system have been extended during each campaign, and the current capabilities of the system will be described, along with the plans for the development of the system over the next few years. The results of high power ionospheric modification experiments performed with SPEAR in coordination with both the ESR, the CUTLASS HF coherent radars and HF Doppler experiments during the first years of operations will be summarised, and future experimental plans outlined.

SA53C-06

Power Thresholds of SPEAR-induced Irregularities at Very High Latitudes

* Wright, D M ([email protected]), Radio and Space Plasma Physics Group, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, United Kingdom
Yeoman, T K ([email protected]), Radio and Space Plasma Physics Group, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, United Kingdom
Robinson, T R ([email protected]), Radio and Space Plasma Physics Group, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, United Kingdom
Thomas, E C ([email protected]), Radio and Space Plasma Physics Group, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, United Kingdom
Baddeley, L J ([email protected]), Radio and Space Plasma Physics Group, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, United Kingdom
Dhillon, R S ([email protected]), Radio and Space Plasma Physics Group, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

SPEAR (Space Plasma Exploration by Active Radar) is a high power facility uniquely located to study the plasma physics and geophysics of the very high latitude magnetosphere and ionosphere. Recently, experiments have been undertaken to investigate the power thresholds required to excite field-aligned irregularities (FAIs). The artificially stimulated FAI act as intense targets in the fields of view of the CUTLASS HF coherent radar pair. Data derived using this artificial backscatter technique demonstrate that SPEAR effective radiated powers (ERPs) of the order of 1 MW or less are capable of initiating the formation of the FAI. This represents only 1/30th of the heating capability of SPEAR. Ionospheric hysteresis was also observed to occur during the experiments. This relates to the nature of the instability which leads to their excitation.
http:www.ion.le.ac.uk/spear

SA53C-07

The Future of HF-Interaction Experiments at EISCAT

* Rietveld, M T ([email protected]), EISCAT Scientific Association, Tromso, Ramfjordbotn, 9027, Norway

The EISCAT HF facility, co-located with two incoherent scatter radars, has some of the best diagnostics available for doing research in plasma physics and actively probing the ionosphere, upper atmosphere and magnetosphere. The facility is presently undergoing some improvements which will keep it at the forefront of such research. Direct digital synthesis of the HF wave will allow fast changes of frequency and beam direction, and increased flexibility in pulsing. Some of the more important recent results are outlined, and the directions for further progress are suggested. These results include the effect of electron heating on the charging of mesospheric dust which changes the strength of VHF radar echoes from the polar summer mesosphere. Other results involve Langmuir and thermal plasma instabilities from the F region which show a rich variety of dependences on pumping frequency and direction to the Earth's magnetic field. Some of the geometrical effects observed in plasma line observations and artificial optical emissions remain largely unexplained.

Authors (2007), Title, Eos Trans. AGU, 88(23), Jt. Assem. Suppl., Abstract xxxxx-xx

Let me point out a few key highlights for those with less time, ADD, ADHD, short attention spans or the complacency to not give a damn because their favorite boobtube show is just about on.

Early results (2004) have alreay demonstrated that whistler-mode wave amplification can be initiated by ELF/VLf signals injected from HAARP, leading to multiple-hop propagation of signals between hemispheres and triggering of discrete emissions.

Signals can propagate (travel outward from one source (hop) to the next (hop))
between hemispheres
. What does that mean for us? Well, that means no more "line of sight" signal communication. That means an emitter station and a receiver station. So, how many stations are there? There are more than you would begin to imagine, friends. I'll help you understand the big picture and why there's so much disinfo in regards to HAARP and its abilities.

With the upcomign [sic] completion of the upgrade of HAARP to full power (3.6 MW radiated), a new set of experiments have become possible, and the first opportunity for the conduct of such experiments is now before us.

This points out that HAARP is only being fed 3.6 MW of power. And, the Popular Science article stresses this as well.

Northern Exposure: With HAARP, an antenna array located 200 miles north of Anchorage, Alaska, scientists study the outer atmosphere by zapping it with radio waves generated by 3,600 kilowatts of electricity.

Also, in that article, Inan says:
Ask a HAARP scientist about allegations like this, and he’ll either laugh or lose his temper. “This is completely uninformed,” says Umran Inan, a professor of electrical engineering at Stanford University whose research group works with HAARP. “There’s absolutely nothing we can do to disturb the Earth’s [weather] systems. Even though the power HAARP radiates is very large, it’s minuscule compared with the power of a lightning flash—and there are 50 to 100 lightning flashes every second. HAARP’s intensity is very small.”

Abe Streep never gives us the question he asked Inan. Instead, he chooses to talk about conspiracy theories instead of science. And then, in the next paragraph, he throws in a quote from Inan...leading us to assume (making an "*** out of you and me") that Inan is "replying" to these "allegations" that Abe Streep was talking about in the above paragraph which consisted of a bunch of tinfoil conspiracies to make us all look like kooks. Also, Abe Streep can't even get quotes right. He has to interject his own word...shown in brackets "[weather]", to infer to the reader that Inan was talking about weather systems. Inan clearly states the "Earth's systems." The word "weather" was thrown in by Abe Streep to help fit the topic of conversation...which we are lead to believe is in regards to these conspiracies. We still don't even know the question being asked to which Inan is responding.

Any way, on to my point. This article in Pop Science and also in this abstract at Applications of High-Power Ionospheric Modification to Studies of Plasma Physics and Magnetosphere-Ionosphere Coupling II only talks about 3,600 kilowatts and 3.6 MW, respectively. Yet, lets check out wikipedia...because the energy being introduced into the ionosphere is only a portion of what should be mentioned. It's "The total effective radiated power" that we should be concerned with.

Wiki - HAARP
The total effective radiated power (ERP) will be 3,981 MW (96 dBW).

Click that link on effective radiated power, which takes us to here: link

In radio telecommunications, effective radiated power (ERP) is determined by subtracting system losses and adding system gains to the actual electrical power output of a transmitter. ERP is not equivalent to the power that is radiated, but is a quantity that takes into consideration transmitter power and antenna directivity. ERP is typically applied to antenna systems. For example, if an antenna system has 9 dB gain and 6 dB loss, its ERP is 3 dB over the transmitter power output (TPO).

So, we learn that effective radiated power
is determined by subtracting system losses and adding system gains to the actual electrical power output of a transmitter.

Since HAARP's total effective radiated power (ERP) will be 3,981 MW, we can see that it generates (gains) approximately ~1,105.8333333 times more power than is inputted (3.6 MW). That's a HUGE gain! Interestly enough, no one wants to mention that number...because it actually might "scare" people or get them to wonder.

Back to the Applications of High-Power Ionospheric Modification to Studies article.

ELF/VLf observations will be conducted on teh ship and buoys near the conjugate region, but also on several distributed sites in Alaska as well as on teh DEMETER spacecraft. In this paper, we will discuss these experiments and present initial results from them. This papers constitutes a brief summary of the extensive work contributed by many other not-listed authors, at Stanford University, at AFRL, ONR, and at LPCE/CNRS in Orleans. The presenter listed as the single author is simply the team leader, listed solely for purposes of brevity.

The military like to use acronyms, which makes a lot of work looking up things. AFRL = Air Force Research Laboratory (over HAARP) and ONR = Office of Naval Research (also over HAARP). LPCE/CNRS in Orleans is in Orleans, France. Also, notice that they specifically mention
The presenter listed as the single author is simply the team leader, listed solely for purposes of brevity.

Well, the "single author" or "team leader" on that paper was no other than Umran Inan or Inan, U. S. ([email protected]). Any wonder why he might be important, other than the fact that I mention him in my second post of the HAARP thread on this forum?

Notice, I found this article with the keywords of

electron cyclotron resonance elf vlf ionosphere

And, I didn't use the keyword HAARP. Yet, HAARP is listed several times in these articles. That's because the keywords I use are all about what HAARP's related to. You wanna know about HAARP? Read up people, and search wisely. That's how you find out. Don't just go plug in HAARP into Google or you'll get eaten alive by Chemtrail Central and other disinfo pits.

LPCE/CNRS

Laboratoire de Physique et Chimie de l'Environnement - Orléans, FRANCE
THE MICRO-SATELLITE DEMETER

Michel Parrot
LPCE/CNRS, 3A Avenue de la Recherche, 45071 Orléans Cedex 2, France.
e-mail: [email protected]

Abstract
The scientific objectives of DEMETER are related to the investigation of the ionospheric perturbations due to the seismic activity, and to the global study of the Earth electromagnetic environment. The scientific payload is composed of several sensors: - Three Electric and three magnetic sensors (6 components of the electromagnetic field to investigate from DC up to 3.5 MHz), - A Langmuir probe, - An ion spectrometer, and, - An energetic particle analyzer. They are associated to two special equipments: a large onboard memory (8Gbits) in order to record data all around the Earth, and a high bit rate telemetry in X band (18 Mb/s). There are two modes of operation: (i) a survey mode to record low bit rate data, and (ii) a burst mode to record high bit rate data above seismic regions. In the survey mode the telemetry is of the order of 950 Mb/day, and in burst mode, it is larger than 1 Gb/orbit. The launch by CNES (French National Space Agency) will be in 2003, and the duration of the mission is 2 years. DEMETER is a micro-satellite (110 kg) with a low-altitude (< 710 km) and a nearly polar orbit.

1. Introduction
Among all earthquake precursors, those related to the electromagnetic field are the most puzzling, and the many possible sources of noise are cause of lively controversies. A large number of laboratory experiments clearly suggest that micro-fracturing is associated with the appearance of spontaneous charge production (electrification) and transient Electric or ElectroMagnetic (EM) Emission. Many electric and magnetic preseismic and co-seismic effects have been reported in the past as well as ionospheric perturbations. Satellite data also show EM transients related to the seismic activity but up to now, observations are not performed by experiments dedicated to this study. The scientific objectives of DEMETER are related to the investigation of the ionospheric perturbations due to the seismic activity, and also to the global study of the Earth electromagnetic environment. The experiment onboard the DEMETER micro-satellite is proposed by a group of scientists involved in external and internal geophysics. The list is given in Table 1.

Do I think that the China earthquake was caused by HAARP? Hmm, I'll leave that question up to the reader for now. And, I'll eventually give my opinion on that. I will say that I have more proof to present first in regards to "seismo-ionospheric coupling" and the precursor of electromagnetic signals in the ionosphere prior to earthquakes. Hurry, look up that word in Google before they take all of the good links down.... j/k But, seriously, it wouldn't hurt to read up on it so you know what I'll be referring to later.

SPEAR (Space Plasma Exploration by Active Radar) is a high power facility uniquely located to study the plasma physics and geophysics of the very high latitude magnetosphere and ionosphere. Recently, experiments have been undertaken to investigate the power thresholds required to excite field-aligned irregularities (FAIs). The artificially stimulated FAI act as intense targets in the fields of view of the CUTLASS HF coherent radar pair. Data derived using this artificial backscatter technique demonstrate that SPEAR effective radiated powers (ERPs) of the order of 1 MW or less are capable of initiating the formation of the FAI. This represents only 1/30th of the heating capability of SPEAR. Ionospheric hysteresis was also observed to occur during the experiments. This relates to the nature of the instability which leads to their excitation.

Wow, here they mention
"effective radiated powers (ERPs) of the order of 1 MW of less are capable of initiating the formation of the FAI"
(field-aligned irregularities). HAARP's ERP is 3,981 MW. And they also says that
"represents only 1/30th of the heating capability of SPEAR."

This article also mentions EISCAT in Tromso, Norway...which is powerful, but not as powerful as HAARP. HAARP didn't spring up out of nowhere, people. In science, you start small...and if you succeed on a small scale, then you go bigger. That's the way it works in order to get funding.

My whole point of this post is to show you things that others don't care to point out. In summary, Inan is a HUGE player which I told you about back in Dec. of '07. HAARP is WAY more powerful than they will lead you to believe. It is based off other ionospheric research facilities, satellite data, and in cooperation with scientists from other countries. You don't hear talk of SPEAR or EISCAT do you? Why not? It's because HAARP has been exposed. And, if we expose others, maybe they'll have to shut us up about them as well.

Until next post, open mind...close mouth, especially when looking up...you might swallow a "blue spider web"....or, wait...a falling caterpillar cocoon...yeah, that's what it is...couldn't be from the....jets?!? Nah! ;-)
Lophofo

Thanks for Gathering and Posting All This Info!

Unread postby BlueSkyHope » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:25 am

I wanted to say thank you and also (having learned this the hard way myself) caution people to remember to save information both to their own machine and also to backup devices. If nothing else (it saves space to do this anyway), copy as text only. I have tried to go back and find certain information I previously failed to save, or lost, and discovered that it is either removed or it has been somehow lost or corrupted. I daresay socrates is saving what is out HERE but I mean the original info that is mentioned on this site but resides elsewhere. Also, it can be useful to have something to show people in one's immediate vicinity, if one's Internet access is experiencing problems or whatever.

Popular Science the periodical is not science, or sacred and unbiased. And it is "Popular," meaning it is geared toward "light science" rather than hard science, meaning the journal type, scientific method (and peer reviewed) professional writing. But many people may well think it is and depend on it.

So I am not surprised this topic is being addressed (HAARP). What better place to do it? I keep thinking how "disinformation" always has the same recipe: some REAL information in there (which? is the question), but just a little, to lend credence and spice things up, and a big heaping helping of fiction and fantasy, which is like high fructose corn syrup and keeps the infotainment level up!

It makes me despair of how low the U. S. school system has sunk (from kindergarten through secondary education and beyond!) both in terms of lack of comprehension of what the scientific method (or science) even means, and any demand of standards in journalism. I agree that it is a mishmash as mentioned, where the "journalist" freely combines supposed answers with his own verbiage and we don't even know what was asked to elicit that response! Who can say anyway what was what -- I'd love to see a transcript of the entire "interview" or be the proverbial "fly on the wall" in these discussions.

So, knowing that "reality" is concocted out of whole cloth by the "media" all the time (just watch local newspeople rehearsing and coaching people, to give their "on the spot" supposedly spontaneous statements about something!), what can we do, on this site, to encourage more whistle-blowing and "insider info" as mentioned in the CBC videos?

On the subject of Australia, and NWC being mentioned, what is that acronym exactly? What is located at Harold Holt, and what is going on at Alice Springs (it is possible to scrutinize the large arrays on the former but the latter seems harder to make out -- I mean on satellite images at the level of detail such as civilians are permitted to view). I had unearthed some accounts of [aborigine culture] Native Australians protesting some kinds of electrical explosions and such, in the more remote areas down there, which they attributed to the U. S. military experimenting with energy and weaponry. Unfortunately, that has been lost (as I mentioned I had learned to now prevent by the hard way of having it happen to me).
BlueSkyHope

Unread postby socrates » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:25 pm

Things disappearing can be a hassle. The Air Apparent website is gone. Sometimes things are gone and come back. I think Will Thomas' last domain has returned.

Thomas is considered the #1 reporter on chemtrails. He arrived at the beginning of this game about exposure and accountability or lack of. He promoted the Terry Stewart hoax. He continues to promote the Lou Aubuchont/Brendt hoax. I think "Aubuchont" deleted nearly all of his Chemtrail Central posts precisely because his image created through his extensive blogging was tearing down the whole Will Thomas aura of credibility. I don't think any of his old posts are available, even from the wayback machine, except for here. The same can be said about screenshots from the What Really Happened Forum.

People will see what they want to see. That is human nature.

It is the evidence which supercedes any individual biases.

I am able to say with confidence that a brutal, cybersmear attack was put in motion against myself, because I saved the screenshots. So even if any links get scrubbed, the truth remains established. Me, a nobody, just someone who wanted to post on the major chemtrail boards, got singled out.

I don't think everyone is a fake. Abe Streep is more than likely a good kid. And I say kid, because he appears to have played baseball and then graduated from Middlebury College a few years ago.

Somehow he has gotten published in major publications. The truth is he is a critic and lifestyle writer, and it seems chemmies coming across anything by him has been a fluke, imho.

I agree that HAARP has been exposed. The mind control is the easiest tinfoil to spread. Weather warfare is too close to the truth. I think the mind control gets plugged to repel the newbies. I think the weather warfare is emphasized for folks who look beyond the surface.

Someone's gonna tell me that all these chemtrails are for weather warfare? I think the occam's razor should be applied to chemtrails. In the early days of disinfo, it was all about divide and conquer, "debunkers versus believers." Once the Netvocates story came out, and then again since Markos DailyCIAKos Zuniga got exposed, there is a heightened awareness of the sheer amount of disinfo in the blogosphere. It has been easy to astroturf a tinfoil chatter internet, because that is how covert groups have manipulated things to appear.

But as the years have gone on, people have become more internet savvy. They have learned how to use the scroll button. Unfortunately, there appears to be no place on the net for public commentary that hasn't been messed with.

Occam's razor, or whatever that phrase means, tells me the sheer amount of chemtrailing must have some specific purposes. The increase in air traffic argument doesn't hold water.

I think chemtrails have mostly to do with a Dr. Evil approach to dealing with climate change including the uv-b radiation problem. Clearly the military is involved, and I do think there are military applications too. I just think that the magnitude of the operation implies some kind of finite set of rationales.
socrates
gadfly

Unread postby socrates » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:52 pm

I just want to add that people can disagree with me, and I won't flip out. Part of the reason I had to let may41970 go was because he was ranting and frothing. I asked him nice to tone it down. He never did.

If people think weather warfare has more to do with the chemtrails than I do, that is fair enough. Also, if someone doesn't buy the uv-b ray angle, so be it. I simply feel it is a good idea to have plausible theories for newbies, just in case they at all think chemtrails are contrails blown out of proportion.

If someone doesn't believe in man-made global warming, that doesn't mean they are exiled from this forum. I do find it a bit strange that anyone would think the greenhouse effect is a hoax. Chemtrails do seem to have a warming effect, I'll concede. That is why I personally have settled into the uv-b ray explanation along with a take on the dyn-o-gel concept, that Dr. Evils are trying to grab the reins of a wild buck named climate change. The solution to me would be a total restructuring of the economy with renewable energies. Maybe we will have to stay indoors more. Skin cancer is one thing. Respiratory illness and whatnot from chemtrails is another. We should be able to pick our poison. Covert weather modification should not be taking place. The shenanigans have been cloaked in secrecy. They have been perverted into being some urban legend or perhaps a mass hysteria akin to when Orson Welles did that radio show about aliens, and people literally freaked out. Chemtrails are real.

I am interested in all people's perspectives. It is interesting to hear what other sincere people think about chemtrails.
socrates
gadfly

Satellite DEMETER

Unread postby Lophofo » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:56 pm

cosis.net/abstracts/EGU2008/00113/EGU2008-A-00113.pdf

Code: Select all
http://www.lophofo.com/images/subiono_ua.jpg

Researchers in the Ukraine are also studying the results from the DEMETER satellite to determine
precursory earthquake signals in the ionosphere.

Now, if the ionosphere shows signals before and after earthquakes...and there is a transfer of energy between the lithosphere and the ionosphere, who's to say whether or not the ionosphere could be used to transmit energy which could cause earthquakes?

I find it very interesting.

http://www.lophofo.com/images/subiono_pre.jpg

As to the seismic events precursors
in the ionosphere, this is intensely discussed both as to their existence and mechanism.
The published results till recently were mostly not complete and their conclusion was
greatly dependent on the applied processing technology. The launch of DEMETER
satellite and first results of electromagnetic signals processing coming from its board
opened a new era in the understanding and evidence of seismoionospheric precursory
signals. The present report deals with the study of the seismoionospheric coupling initiated
“from below”. It is shown that atmospheric gravity waves (AGW) are the most
probable energy carrier from lithosphere to ionosphere both for post- and pre-seismic
events.
Lophofo

Measure of Change Electron Density in Ionosphere-Earthquake

Unread postby Lophofo » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:25 pm

ieeexplore.ieee.org

http://www.lophofo.com/images/subiono_electron.jpg

It seems that scientists are using the ionosphere as a precursor to earthquakes.
HAARP helps create electron density...or plasmas in certain regions or layers of the ionosphere.
Stations throughout the world are called receiving stations, which are used to help measure this density and propagation of electromagnetic energy.

A 2006 IEEE article explains how studies reveal there is a build up of electron density (electronic concentration)
3-6 days prior to an earthquake. Then, 1-3 days prior there is a significant decrease in that electron density...they state more than twice as much of a decrease.

It sounds like energy may be building up in the ionosphere prior to an earthquake...and then as the earthquake is about to happen, that energy is then transferred elsewhere...most likely to the lithosphere.

So, if HAARP and other ionospheric heating stations can put this energy in the ionosphere, and they can get it to transfer great distances during certain conditions...where does it go?

Does this energy result in storm systems? Could it result in earthquakes?
I am of the opinion, based on my research, that it very well could cause earthquakes.

I'm not going to venture...just yet...that we have total control over things and can direct an earthquake to a particular point on earth at will. Nor will I say, that we can do the same thing with tornadoes or hurricanes.

But, I will keep an open mind and say that the government has done things in the past that would've left people in disbelief at the time they were occurring...and later, the public has come to accept what was later revealed as fact.

So, with that being said....did we cause the earthquake in China...or did HAARP?
I will say...it's probable...that the U.S. or in combination with other facilities did cause this.
Whether it was intentional or not is not something I am going to debate.

Thank you
Lophofo

Next

Return to Chemtrails Are Not Kooky!