Welcome
Welcome to All Aircraft Are Not Involved.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, make your voice heard!

Arizona and Utah Perhaps the Craziest States in the Union

may also include historical analysis and perspective

Arizona and Utah Perhaps the Craziest States in the Union

Unread postby socrates » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:54 pm

Utah is kind of an obvious choice with their heavy population of folks thinking they can become Gods. They wear special undergarments which they feel give them protection from demons or something strange like that. They actually believe a nutjob cult founder named Joseph Smith was a prophet. Why Arizona? They allow wingnuts to strut around with loaded weapons in public.

Man carrying assault weapon attends Obama protest

{fair use excerpt from the Associated Press by AMANDA LEE MYERS and TERRY TANG}

PHOENIX – About a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, milled among protesters outside the convention center where President Barack Obama was giving a speech Monday — the latest incident in which protesters have openly displayed firearms near the president.....

Ten Years After - I'd Love To Change The World posted by sanitarium2242

Nirvana - Lithium posted by polkadots00
Nobody - I mean nobody - pulls the wool over the eyes of a Gambini
socrates
gadfly

Re: Arizona and Utah Perhaps the Craziest States in the Union

Unread postby carolelyn » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:02 am

I have to agree with Socrates. I am not from this state (Arizona) but have lived here long enough to know that most of the people here are insane. They practice backwards hateful politics, and are always showing up high on lists of teen pregnancies, suicides, teens who never finish highschool, public healthcare etc. It is truly still the wild west. I moved here when the housing prices were low and a musician could make a decent living and have a good standard of living compared to other states, without having to do anything other than play music. At this point in time, the people here sit blindly by while the sky is filled with silver dust every day-you can see that on my website-Socrates-you know where to find it. I've been all over the world and I haven't seen a place more sprayed and raped by heavy metals than Arizona ( and I have to say Nevada). Arizona rates high on cases of childhood asthma and child mortality. There is no desert left here, just strip malls (Fred Flintsone scenery I call it, every corner looks identical), cement, heat island, no nature, hardly any birds. And no one notices or cares. I think people come here for business reasons; to develop land, build those awful housing communities, malls, stadiums, **** and take what they can, and either live in some "movie set" of a fake desert community for the wealthy, or take the money and run. Sheriff Joe Arpaio has committed more illegal acts than most of the people he arrests. Advocates for the homeless here tell me that you can be arrested in Phoenix if you have no I.D. on you when a cop asks. Nice...Sheriff Joe makes both Amnesty International, and Human Right's Watch catalogue of human rights abusers every year, and the populace continue to vote for him. All I see here are land speculators, bankers, military bases, defense contractors and a city that smells like armpit from the heat, toxic waste and pollution on most days. But everyone seems to be fine with it. It astounds me on a daily basis. There is a minority of people that are appalled by this place but must be here for reason of economic or family obligations, but they are horrified by this hot cement shopping mall of a city
carolelyn

Re: Arizona and Utah Perhaps the Craziest States in the Union

Unread postby socrates » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:30 pm

[quote="carolelyn"]I have to agree with Socrates. I am not from this state (Arizona) but have lived here long enough to know that most of the people here are insane. They practice backwards hateful politics, and are always showing up high on lists of teen pregnancies, suicides, teens who never finish highschool, public healthcare etc. It is truly still the wild west. I moved here when the housing prices were low and a musician could make a decent living and have a good standard of living compared to other states, without having to do anything other than play music.

Thanks for chiming in. It was getting pretty lonely in here. I don't blame anyone anymore for it. In fact, I have made a bunch of mistakes myself. The biggest reason this place is very slow is because a sophisticated cybersmear script was put in place against me. I don't blame good lurkers for being afraid to sign up and contribute. Maybe fear is the wrong word. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to risk being included in it. Thankfully I documented the thing. You actually give me a lot of comforl, Carole. You don't go out of your way to publicise who you are, but you have attached your personhood to your blogging. Though I didn't get to out myself on my own terms, in a way it is somewhat easier to continue without fear of such an event happening. Here's a heads up to anyone who ever comes into contact with Brad Friedman of BradBlog. Do not give him any of your personal information. He gave the cyberstalker mine, even when he knew this person was part and parcel of the cybersmear script. I guess I shouldn't have been shocked he would do that, since he is close buddies with a person who set bombs, groomed an eleven year old to be his future wife, and is a serial fabulist.

At this point in time, the people here sit blindly by while the sky is filled with silver dust every day-you can see that on my website-Socrates-you know where to find it. I've been all over the world and I haven't seen a place more sprayed and raped by heavy metals than Arizona ( and I have to say Nevada). Arizona rates high on cases of childhood asthma and child mortality. There is no desert left here, just strip malls (Fred Flintsone scenery I call it, every corner looks identical), cement, heat island, no nature, hardly any birds. And no one notices or cares. I think people come here for business reasons; to develop land, build those awful housing communities, malls, stadiums, **** and take what they can, and either live in some "movie set" of a fake desert community for the wealthy, or take the money and run.

That's always been my biggest complaint about America. It all looks the same. The strip malls. The fast food chains. The convenient marts. We are surely living in a cultural wasteland. If I had to think of other places I have never respected in addition to Utah and Arizona, I would include Texas and Florida. I know that people are people. Perhaps Utah goes to the top of the list for having a cult dominate its state. I never realised this until recently. I thought the LDS were mostly comprised of secular good people who would admit that their bible was a farce and merely an analogy for good living. It appears that a great number of people actually believe that a pedophile was a God, that every Mormon can become a God. Sorry for this digression. I am not trying to rub Salt Lake City into the victims' wounds. To any Mormon who by chance is reading this, there is an excellent website named exmormons.org. where one can find help escaping.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio has committed more illegal acts than most of the people he arrests. Advocates for the homeless here tell me that you can be arrested in Phoenix if you have no I.D. on you when a cop asks. Nice...Sheriff Joe makes both Amnesty International, and Human Right's Watch catalogue of human rights abusers every year, and the populace continue to vote for him.

A while back I looked into police misconduct when the overuse of the tasers started to emerge. I remember stumbling across this person's name. A google search on him returns tons of hits. How he is still the Sheriff is scary.

All I see here are land speculators, bankers, military bases, defense contractors and a city that smells like armpit from the heat, toxic waste and pollution on most days. But everyone seems to be fine with it. It astounds me on a daily basis. There is a minority of people that are appalled by this place but must be here for reason of economic or family obligations, but they are horrified by this hot cement shopping mall of a city

Massachusetts is no cup of tea also. We are one place where the right wing hate radio did some serious damage. Even the sports and disc jockey dudes seem to be mostly anti-liberal. Yeah, Teddy Kennedy messed up badly with the manslaughter thing. But someday, people are going to realise that he was one of the best senators in US History. Who'd have thought Massachusetts would ever elect a Mormon governor? We had our racism in the past with the Red Sox and the busing issue. Our Boston Globe has become irrelevant. It used to be one of the best papers in the country for protesting back during the Vietnam War. Our police are pretty bad also. I don't think they are all bad. But it seems like the great majority of them are corrupt. The word police might not instill in me the same amount of disgust I feel when I hear the word CIA, but it's fairly darn close. If one looks for taser videos at youtube, he or she will be stunned at how large a problem this has become.

*** Carolelyn's fine work can be found at I See Lines dotcom.
Nobody - I mean nobody - pulls the wool over the eyes of a Gambini
socrates
gadfly

Return to Current Events